PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. AdnanS

AdnanS Newbie

Reputations:
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Use a tool like throttlestop or intel XTU and lower it bit by bit while testing stability.

3. DontWorrys

DontWorrys Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Picked up the 1710 today and noticed that the audio is uneven and there is no lighting underneath the spacebar. The audio seems to be offset towards the right side like left channel is emanating from the center, and right channel from the right edge. Can other owners chime in and report if they are experiencing something similar?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  4. ILIASKY

ILIASKY Newbie

Reputations:
    I got mine 1710 two days ago, the laptop is great for the price but is overheating. Playing BF1 for less than 10 minutes the CPU reached 90 - 94 C max temp and that's after I underclock it -0.110V using intel extreme tuning utility. Will repast the CPU and if that's not working gonna have to return it. Has anyone seen similar temperature >?
    And yes the audio seems to be offset towards the right side, It feels like the right speaker is not working.
    Otherwise, the laptop is perfect in any way!

5. AWDER

AWDER Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My speakers seem fine, but I still opt for a headset most of the time. Also I have still been having the opposite heating issue. Below are a few screen shots after my 3rd Firestrike benchmark in a row. The score is high as I have the GPU overclocked to +105 core and +300 memory. The first is a screenshot of the score obviously, 2nd is of the hottest point for the CPU, and 3rd is the hottest point for the GPU. I would definitely try a repaste. I have heard the factory paste is not bad though, but there seem to be a couple of you having a similar issue. I have my CPU core offset set to -.125

Score: 14298
    CPU Highest Temp: 67.99
    GPU Highest Temp: 64

upload_2017-11-9_16-42-8.png

upload_2017-11-9_16-41-36.png

upload_2017-11-9_16-42-50.png

Attached Files:

6. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For those of you that have gotten this, does it actually have G-sync? There are a few users debating about it on MicroCenter. One reviewer claims:
    Also, what kind of GTX 1070 does it have? Another reviewer said it has a hybrid gtx 1070. What's the difference between gtx 1070, hybrid gtx 1070, ftw hybrid gtx 1070, and gtx 1070 sli?? I know gtx 1070 max-q is like a 1070ti, in a way.

7. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    A gtx1070 max-q is essentially a gtx1065 :D
    those reviews are not so useful IMO

These models use a normal gtx1070

Chowda289 likes this.
  8. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @sicily428 Yeah, you're right. That's what I meant. :p But what are hybrid and ftw hybrid?

9. AWDER

AWDER Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It does have a standard GTX 1070 which is good as the Max-q is slower. Also, it looks like the user that may the statement about it not having gsync has since updated. It absolutely has GSync and requires you to switch the graphics to discrete mode which causing the laptop to solely use the GTX 1070 without Optimus or MSHYBRID. This opens up all of the rest of the settings in the NVIDIA control panel once rebooted, including the higher refresh rates and GSync settings. This is all outlined well in the manual so it is no challenge or problem doing so.

Also, the machine runs quite a bit cooler with an adjustment to the fan speed offset because, in my opinion, it does not run them fast enough per load % and an offset simply increases the fan speed per load tier. I read the reviews and disagree with the heat problem, as you can see in my heat results in my previous posts. I still do not see much more than low 70's (usually in the 60's) with the GPU during any game I have played, this is with an overclock of the GPU also.

10. Intrepidys

Intrepidys Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello I've been looking at the 1510 for a while now and was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me.
    1) How are the thermals? Is it comfortable to play on while at max load?
    2) What kinda battery life can I expect to get doing mixed usage activity after undervolting?
    3) Are the fans loud while idling? Is WhisperMode available?