PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. nealios

nealios Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    the m.2 screw was actually already in the standoff on the board.
    the thermal pad on the normal 960evo looks about 2mm thick
    i only had 1mm, so stuck that on, and dont see any different temps wise, so all good
    its running perfectly, finally a dedicated steam library nvme :)

i live and work in europe, i fly to usa every2 months, so going back to microcenter would have to wait
    cheers for everyones input though :vbthumbsup:

2. CM_11

CM_11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    almost certainly in the minority here, but anyone had any experience with this model and any Linux distros? seems to run everything without serious issue, aside from the keyboard, which I can't figure out how to adjust at all

3. Canonfodder

Canonfodder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have run a couple distros of a usb drive and for the most part runs well with basic drivers. As far a drivers for the keyboard back-light etc Clevo afaik has zero drivers available for linux and doesn't plan on making any available.

4. Canonfodder

Canonfodder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So Clevo control center went completely fubar on my 1510 after a forced reboot. So I did a repair install with the original ccc from the microcenter site, as administrator of course. But first I disabled the powerbios service, key component of control center. According to the installer it did not go correctly however I also got a reboot prompt which after doing so ccc works correctly again.
    I have not tired to update ccc since I had no luck in the past. But if were to try again I would definitely disable that powerbios service first

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. yanolsh

yanolsh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, everyone. I am having hard time fighting constant fps drops on Powerspec 1710.
    So I've checked the PC for viruses using NOD, malwarebytes, performed undervolting to -0.100,tried to change power plan, tried to disable Turbo, tried to disable Aggressive in power plan.
    The laptop is currently on cooling pad, the temps are below 90 degrees.
    The laptop is connected to 240hz monitor.
    When I try to run a game I get 100% CPU utilization and as the result shuttering.

Is there anything that I can do? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

6. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Model of monitor? Try capping FPS to 120, then 144, etc to see when you start getting the drops. If the monitor is also GSync, you can get fluid gameplay with a lower FPS than 240. Also, is the cable you using Displayport 1.2, 1.3, 1.4?

7. yanolsh

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    The monitor is GSYNC it is ASUS https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG258Q/
    Cable is DisplayPort 1.2. The thing is at 100% CPU usage frames drop from 110 to 20 fps. And I have GSYNC enabled on laptop and monitor.
    Also I don't know why it shows only 2 clocks and the value is 2690mhz

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Monitor the GPU and CPU over a period of gameplay noting their frequencies and usage along with the temps.

9. yanolsh

Reputations:
    https://imgur.com/2EtWQui

So here are the Clocks, I get only 2 of those and they are always at 2693Mhz.
    Currently trying to reinstall drivers. Doubt that would help.

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Graph it over time if you can, I think it's some kind of IRQ issue or the like.