Powernotebooks.com Out of Business Today - No Laptop, No Refund!

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by ScubaSteveO69, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScubaSteveO69

ScubaSteveO69 Newbie

Reputations:
    This is my first post on the Forum, I wish it was a more positive one. So, after much deliberation on who to purchase my son's new gaming laptop from I settled on Powernotebooks.com. I made this decision after carefully reading reviews on multiple forums and review sites. When I ordered I even dealt directly with Donald the owner and his wife. They were very professional and nice to deal with. They took my order and communicated quickly with my bank and received payment for a new Sager gaming rig for nearly $1500.00. I woke this morning to a email from communications@powernotebooks.com telling me they were going out of business and would be unable to fulfill my order. This would have not been a huge problem. I understand that businesses go out of business eventually. But, the kicker was it also informed me that they would not be refunding me my payment. They regretted that I would have to follow up with my payment provider to get my money back. I emailed and called and no response was made. I had to file a fraud claim with my bank to try and retrieve my funds. I again understand that health issues arise that are unavoidable. But, you can not tell me that 7 days ago when I spoke to them and they graciously took my money that they did not know they were closing. I wanted to give my business to a smaller American family owned business, I guess I should have gone with a bigger company. Not refunding someone that sum of money with a simple we are sorry is not acceptable. No response or follow up to my emails and making me waste my business day trying to recover my money is terrible way to close your doors Powernotebooks! I will be filing a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Commission as well. Shame on you!

RMPG505 likes this.
  2. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter -

Reputations:
    hey ScubaSteve, I'm moving your thread to the Sager / Clevo forum as that's where many Powernotebooks.com customers hang out and will better be able to see this. Your news is terrible on all accounts, I hope you are able to retrieve your money in a timely manner, I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel right now. This is where credit card protection is valuable, sometimes it's worth paying a higher price that some small retailers charge to use a credit card and have the ability to deal with fraud very quickly.

RMPG505, Ultra Male and D2 Ultima like this.
  3. Ramzay

Ramzay Notebook Connoisseur

Reputations:
    Indeed, if you used a credit card, a simple charge back and you get your money back. It's a lot harder to do with direct bank transfers.

4. SagerPR

SagerPR Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi ScubaSteve and all of those who are on the forums here who are reading this.

We will be releasing an official statement and a plan of action for those who ordered Sager laptops via Powernotebooks and are affected. It's a very unfortunate turn of events that none of us were ready for. In the meantime, to anyone who is reading this in the same boat, we urge you to open a charge dispute for your purchase as this is the best recourse you have in getting your money back. We also urge you to hold off on ordering from another reseller just yet as we get some details worked out. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    RMPG505, sa7ina and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Noctilum

Noctilum Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Very glad that something came up that prevented me from buying my laptop last week. It would have been the 3rd one I've ordered from them. I am sorry that the owners have fallen ill, but they should definitely do the right thing and make sure everyone gets their money back for unprocessed orders.

6. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Wow. That's something else indeed.

ole!!!, Ultra Male and i_pk_pjers_i like this.
  7. ScubaSteveO69

ScubaSteveO69 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the response. I did file a fraud claim with my bank. I did use a Visa card, so they are confident I will be reimbursed. It is more the point of the matter and the wasted time. Not to mention the disappointment for my son. I will wait to order from another vendor until the money has been credited. I will still be looking to get him a Sager!

8. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Liquid Hz

Reputations:
  9. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Wow. So there is a reason why their ebay listing on GPU heatsink for just 30+$ is closed.
    I hope nobody did direct bank transfer to them, really.

10. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    bummer o_O well, welcome back to regular user-dom then, @Meaker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.