Potential Clevo Buyer with Questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by xRedRose, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Awesome man, don't forget to tag me once you become part of the HIDevolution Gaming Team if you want the Phoenix Magical Tweaks which consist of:

1- Uninstallation of all the Windows Store Garbage Apps like 3D Paint, Print 3D, Alarms & Clock, Feedback Hub, Maps, Groove Music, News, Weather, etc.
    2- Removing all Windows 10 Privacy Invasion stuff like Telemetry, sending your keystrokes to Microsoft, automatically installing suggested apps in the background, allowing Microsoft to conduct experiments on your laptop, disabling automatic driver updates through Windows updates, disabling Windows 10 ads, disabling Cortana, Cloud Search etc.
    3- Removal of nVIDIA and Intel Telemetry
    4- Adjusting a lot of options in PC Settings like disabling Windows Tablet Mode (you have a laptop not a tablet), disabling suggestions appearing in the start menu, disabling automatically connecting to Paid WiFi Hotspots, disabling Game DVR which reduced performance in games, and a lot more.
    5- Replacing Cortana with a much better search tool that finds results instantly called Everything which finds any file you want as soon as you start typing even a few letters of its name and it doesn't even rely on the Windows Indexing Service to do this!
    6- Restoring the classic Windows Photo Viewer
    7- Restoring the Classic Windows 7 Start Menu
    8- Removal of the new and useless 3D Objects Folder that appears when you open "Computer"
    9- Completely disabling Windows Defender from its roots (including all scheduled tasks and startup files) for those who want to install their own AV. ESET NOD32 Antivirus is highly recommended if you want the utmost security with the least system performance impact.
    10- Updating all drivers to the latest versions in case they weren't up to date.
    11- Disabling the performance hit that is caused by the Meltdown and Spectre patches recently released by Microsoft (optional, only if you don't mind having this security vulnerability and would rather have your CPU's full performance back)
    12- Overprovisioning your SSD anywhere between 10-20% depending on how much space you can spare to ensure optimal and consistent performance at all times.
    13- Blocking the Google Chrome Software Reporter Tool (which causes a high system load when it is scanning files)

[​IMG]

2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    We have been offering this service for quite some time now ;-)

Vasudev, xRedRose, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    We will be here to serve you whenever you are ready!

4. BeastsForever.TheDragon

BeastsForever.TheDragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Dont forget to get you NBR member discount from @Donald@HIDevolution.

Also buy an extended warranty for that B.E.A.S.T!

Vasudev and xRedRose like this.
  5. BeastsForever.TheDragon

Reputations:
    Soo, @xRedRose did you made ur purchase?

Vasudev likes this.
  6. xRedRose

xRedRose Newbie

Reputations:
    @BeastsForever.TheDragon Sorry the late reply. I have not made the purchase yet. I am trying to figure out if I can find a safe address to ship it too first (hopefully a friend's house). I don't trust having this shipped to my place where I am gone around the majority of the the regular day (7AM - 9PM) on my workdays and I currently have Tuesday/Wednesday off. Timing it so it arrives on those 2 days is not something I want to gamble and extra hassle so I won't be placing an order until I know have an address that I can send it too. Unlike my friends, I do not have a regular work schedule.

7. BeastsForever.TheDragon

Reputations:
    Or maybe ask fedex to keep it with their base near your area(dont deliver to your house) and pick it up whenever you're free!

Vasudev and xRedRose like this.
  8. xRedRose

xRedRose Newbie

Reputations:
    @BeastsForever.TheDragon I never thought of doing that. I don't remember the last time I decided to pick up a package from a holding facility. I think that's something I'll shoot by HIDEvolution if they can do that. Thanks for the suggestion! =)

9. BeastsForever.TheDragon

Reputations:
    It would be nice if you ask hidevolution, but i believe, in your case, you should go to the nearest fedex base and ask THEM. Since they'll be the one delivering not HID. You could also ask fedex by calling them or shooting(shooting email, not bullets XD) them, too.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    We can handle this. We can schedule shipment so that it arrives on a Tuesday. If no one is there to sign for it, they will bring it back on Wednesday, and Thursday. Then, is still no one there to sign for it, they will hold it at their local hub for about a week. You can pick it up just by showing your government issued picture ID (driver's license) with your delivery address on it.

Don't forget to use the instructions I gave you in PM to get your Notebookreview discount.