Post your security setup

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Hungry Man, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAA83

MAA83 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah I think one of the biggest things that they could add that would probably make it a much smoother, seamless service for me personally is adding exceptions. Maybe it is possible and I just don't know how. For example, my office is installation is legit, but the activation is done via an activator which tricks it into thinking it's a volume licensed product and it sets up a fake autokms checker to authenticate, UAC always interrupts me whenever I open an office document to ask me if it's ok for AutoKMS.exe to modify file/create a new process. AutoKMS looks like a "suspicious" exe but I know it's not. Yet there's no way for me to tell UAC to just ignore AutoKMS.exe. Anyways, I'm not trying to hate on UAC, these are just some of the improvements I would like to see.. more integrated and unobtrusive notifications, and more selective settings over what to monitor, and an exceptions/white list capability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.