Post Your Ride(s)

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Thaenatos, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Patrick

Patrick I beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    Visually I am mostly keeping it the same. At most might swap out the 335i badge for a 318d for kicks (like people here would know the difference... psh, everyone and their dog has a 325/328i)

Besides that, most likely a JB4 (For the gauges only, I swear. I actually already have one, stashed away), a chip that overrides the folding settings to allow it to be done via remote (forgot the name), and maybe speaker upgrades.

I like un-assumingness.

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Just personal preference really, not saying that one's better than another. If I were to get a car the size of a 1 series (or Miata, or any small car like that), I'd like to have the roof down most of the time. :D My dorm neighbor owns a late-model Mustang vert and it's awesome to ride around with the top down during these summer days.

I'd still love a 3 or 5 series since they feel sporty as well. Driven an older (2004?) BMW 5 series before (I think it was a 535i? Not sure) and it was fun to race around the block. In actuality though, I'm seriously thinking of replacing my 2005 Altima 2.5S with an Infiniti G35 or G37 when I finish college (or whatever Infiniti comes out with then). Would have gone with an Altima coupe to save money, but it looks like Nissan wants to eventually switch all their cars (except Z hopefully) with CVT, which is garbage.

So yeah, I'm thinking of a (bigger) 2-door in the future. However, if I somehow have a family I'll get a 4-door BMW.

3. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    The CVT in the Coupe isn't garbage at all.

4. kevblah

kevblah Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'll play. I have a 2005 BMW M3 with some mods (Neez Eurocross wheels, TC Kline coilovers, Brembo BBK, Agency Power exhaust, etc.)

[​IMG]

5. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Not saying that Mustangs aren't good cars, but there's too many mustangs on the road and I'm one of those people whom prefers to be a little different/unique :p

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    I think the same way, but that is a classic, and classics are in a class of their own :)

Actually more of a Corvette lover tbh.

7. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nothing wrong with keeping it simple and clean, and a JB4 (or any other good tune) will really bring it to life.

Ah, gotcha. The G37 coupe is definitely not the way to go if you're concerned with size. Although its exterior dimensions are on par with the 3 series, the interior is smaller than the 1 series. It's crazy...

Neez and TCK? Nice! I love forged monoblock wheels.

Edit: Nice 1M in your car's reflection.

8. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    Why would you want to badge a petrol (gasolene) powered car for a low end diesel? Plus you can tell by the sound they make, diesels clatter and doesn't sound as nice compared to the petrol/gasolene engines when revved.

All this BMW convertible talk makes me miss mine that we sold last year...

9. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    It's just like all those Civics with Type R/Si badges when they aren't. :p

10. 1994F7PT

1994F7PT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    mate of mine has done this to his Renault Clio, it has similar 300bhp turbo charged 4 pot 1800cc in it to mine but he's badged it up as a 1.2 (60bhp)

its more for the giggles of confusing people than anything as the '1.2' does a 0-60 off the lights in 4.5 seconds!lol!