Post Your Ride(s)

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Thaenatos, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Nice day for a ride? Don't mind if I do:

[​IMG]

Though I think someone forgot to tell the designers if you block the view with trees and poles, you can't really call it a scenic overlook.

Jarhead and killkenny1 like this.
  2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I had been to the Cayman Islands where we rented small 50cc scooters to get around the island as it was less expensive than a car. They were a blast to ride, so when I got my motorcycle license, the first thing I thought of getting was a scooter. Unfortunately at the time, the only scooter options available were large maxi-scooters that weighed 500 pounds and I did not want a 500 pound machine as my first bike or 150cc scooters that were not a good fit as I live in a rural area where I knew eventually, I'd want to get on the freeway as sometimes that's the best option.

After considering my options I bought a 250cc Suzuki motorcycle. I really liked it and didn't care that it maxed out at 80MPH, but it had one fatal flaw, it liked to wobble on the freeway, which was a bit unnerving for a novice, so I sold it. I ended up buying a Moto Guzzi. I live about 30 miles from a Guzzi dealer, which makes me an unusual American in that regard and I figured I was good service wise. The Guzzi and I were a good fit. I found it to be comfortable and it was rock solid on the freeway. Regrettably, the Guzzi dealer and I seemed to have varying definitions of what competent service meant, dating back to when I had my Suzuki, which they also sold. The next closest Guzzi dealer was two hours away. The service interval was coming up. I'd need spend $500 for that and it had a couple other issues that needed addressing. I was looking at giving $800, maybe a $1,000, to someone I was not fond of, so after 9,000 mostly fun miles, I sold the Guzzi back in May.

I started looking at bikes and saw Yamaha had released a new scooter, the Xmax 300, that got good reviews, was inexpensive and at 400 pounds, was much closer to the ideal of what I wanted to buy when I got my license. There's also a Yamaha dealer about a mile from my house that I like, which would be great for service. I'm not a short by any means, about 5'10” with a 30” inseam, but when I sat on the Xmax, I was on my tiptoes, which I did not like. The Xmax was only less than an inch taller than my Guzzi, which I can easily flat foot, so I was surprised I wasn't even close to getting both feet down. Scooters tend to be thicker in the middle because the engine sits on the swingarm, so seat heights are not as comparable to a motorcycle.

After getting home, I started looking at other options. I came close to buying a Kawasaki Vulcan S, but I didn't want to clean chain again. Eventually, I noticed the same dealer that had the Xmax, was offering a new old stock Honda Forza 300 with ABS at a very attractive price given. I bought it. It's probably not as good as the Yamaha, but in the same ballpark. Best of all, it's three inches shorter in the saddle than the Xmax, so I can easily flat foot it. I trailered it home today:

[​IMG]

toughasnails likes this.
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    These have been my rides two of the last three weeks. I have to say I'm more a fan of the truck than the Mustang.

P1020949_800x.jpg

20190709_184756428_iOS.jpg

toughasnails likes this.
  4. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I am not a Chev man but I do like the new Chevy Colorado. I am a Dodge guy but when my truck got sideswiped the shop gave me one for a rental and I was really impresssed. Had it for 5 days. Did not want to give off up untill I heard the price :eek:. Mustang is nice but it's hard Keeping tires on it...for me :D

Also this thread was closed automatically if i goes 1 year with no post which the last one June 6, 2018 so it was closed June 6 , 2019

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    hmscott likes this.
  5. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    The new Ram 1500 is an absolute masterpiece, one of the finest vehicles I have ever driven (this includes several Bentleys, Aston-Martins, and a Rolls-Royce). I have one of the new 2500 HDs with the 6.7L Cummins turbodiesel (1,000 lb-ft of torque!) scheduled for early September. My expectations are off the charts, and I expect them to be met, full force.

toughasnails likes this.
  6. evenflow153

evenflow153 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My new ride!
    Just got

Attached Files:

hmscott and killkenny1 like this.
  7. evenflow153

evenflow153 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Now I wish I took some pics of my 93 RAM. If I’m brutally honest I don’t like dodge a lot.

hmscott likes this.
  8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Been working on my engine, got the dual catch can installed ready for upping the boost pressure :)

hmscott and Convel like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Got my steering wheel re-wrapped.

Fishon, toughasnails and Convel like this.
  10. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    After about 2 years of discussion, a settlement for the Hyundai/Kia DCT lawsuit has been reached. If you sell or trade-in an affected vehicle, you can receive a percentage of the difference between the trade-in value and original purchase price. Since I had less than 30,000 miles on my 2017 Tucson, I should be eligible to receive a payout of about $5,000. Further, with a change in Illinois sales tax law that limits tax credits on trade-in vehicles, I figured now is the time to act. I took delivery of this yesterday, a 2020 Acura ILX with Premium and A-Spec packages. The red leather interior on the particular car I bought sealed the deal.

ILX.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Fishon, Convel, Jarhead and 1 other person like this.