Post Your Ride(s)

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Thaenatos, Apr 21, 2011.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Well at least you got rid of that annoying guy! Did radji helo you settle the matter?
    Once again, congrats on your brand new toy car! Enjoy the smell!

2. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, I already ruined the smell with McDonald's :/.

And new car smell isn't as strong as it was back in 2011 with out last new purchase. Odd. Or maybe that's a GM thing.

3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Got a few add-ons - the crash bar, rear rack with back rest and I got some throw over saddlebags that I think turned out nicely. I would have liked to get the hard bags, but they cost 4x as much and I will only use them once in a while.

[​IMG]

butthead and booboo12 like this.
  4. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Bought myself a 2003 GMC Sierra. I saw it when I brought my Pontiac in to have some damage caused by a branch looked at and had to at least try to buy it.

[​IMG]

booboo12 likes this.
  5. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Winter mode: on. Has been a couple weeks actually already...

Oh yea, it's a new one for me too. :) Switched from gas (1.8t) to diesel (3.0tdi).

6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    2017 Hyundai Tucson Sport 1.6T AWD

[​IMG]

This picture is from when I took delivery almost 2 months ago. I was hoping to wait another year before needing to buy a new car, but my old one was facing a couple grands worth of engine and suspension work over that time. Honestly didn't think I'd buy another Hyundai, but I was impressed with how much fun it was to drive. Plus my wife wanted to have a second CUV in the household to take on long trips because the 2016 CR-V we bought last December just rolled 20,000 miles.

The drivetrain is a bit idiosyncratic because it has a dual-clutch automatic instead of the usual torque converter. It feels very much like a first-generation VW/Audi DSG, so fun but not the most refined experience. I honestly believe that's the reason this vehicle isn't more popular.

booboo12 likes this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    lovely!

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    3 cylinder 998CC turbo petrol engine :D

Still manages to produce 99BHP which is plenty for getting me around. I could get it re-mapped in future to match the 119 BHP version which shaves about 0.5 seconds off the 0-62.

[​IMG]

saturnotaku likes this.
  9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    We're in a fascinating time in the car business. Cylinder counts are going down while transmission gear ratios are going up (see the new 10-speed automatic in the Ford F-Series pickup). I wish Ford's EcoBoost 3-cylinder was available in the Focus hatchback, but you can only get it in the sedan, at least in North America.

Had my Tucson in for a 5,000 mile service, which included a software update for the transmission. It behaves more like a conventional automatic now. Though there's still some occasional hesitation in stop-and-go driving, its overall behavior is much better than it was. Nothing short of Hyundai adding a torque converter a la Honda/Acura or scrapping the DCT all together will completely fix it, but the issue is now more of a minor annoyance than a thing that would give me serious pause when recommending the vehicle to others.

10. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    I thought you already can get a Focus hatch with the 3cyl?