Post Your Last Sale

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZaZ, Aug 20, 2021.

1. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    In my time here I've seen a fair number of users that like to upgrade the tech and other items in their lives, but to make room for the new stuff, the old stuff's got to go, so post anything you've sold recently with any pictures, thoughts, memories, etc. about the item(s).

I'll start with my old TV, a Sanyo DP52440:

[​IMG]

I bought it in 2011 at Walmark. At the time it was a Consumer Reports Best Buy. You can tell it's a 2011 TV due to the hideous 2" bezel that surrounds it, but it still has a nice picture, if a bit dim by today's standards, probably due to the CFFL bulb in it. Hard to believe I paid $900, which was a deal at the time, for a 52" FHD TV and was happy to do so. I got it's replacement on Black Friday, a budget 65" 4K TV that definitely has a better picture.

I threw it up on CL for $100. Someone offered me $75 and I took it, so they're going to pay me to haul it away, which is good cause it weighs twice what new TV does and I can't get it downstairs by myself.

dmanti and JRE84 like this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    i gave away a lenovo yoga 920 to a friend....greater good kinda deal

3. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Typically don't sell anything, especially tech related. Far too much depreciation for it to be worth the hassle imo. To that end, few years ago I did a similar thing to JRE and gave away my Elitebook to my sister.

Last thing I've actually sold was a few years ago, selling the family house.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    JRE84 likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Professor Carnista

Reputations:
    I sold my Jeep now that the Prius is my daily. About broke even on it.

JRE84 and Fishon like this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    gave my dad my razer wireless mouse I bought for 60 on a big sale......felt good giving him it but now I wish I had not given away it because the current mouse I have is garbage

6. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This summer I happened to see a pre-order for the new OLED Switch at Walmark, so I bought one. I probably didn't need it much as I've not used the Switch much lately and it's in very good condition having mostly sat in the dock, but I guess missing out on the PS5 and Xbox made me want it more. I paid $300 for the old Switch back in 2017, also at Walmark, $320 with tax and got $275 for on CL. It sold fairly quickly, which makes me wonder if I should have asked for more, but $45 for a new Switch with a bigger better screen seems like money well spent.

dmanti likes this.
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    My old car battery. 10 Euros baby!
    [​IMG]

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    When we buy a new battery, they give us $10 trade in value. Surprised it's not done there.

9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    IDK, maybe if I bought it at a car servicing station I would have received something, but I bought in a hardware store. I did buy the new battery on sale, so there was that.
    *checks store website
    Damn, they reduced the price by another 5 Euros...
    *goes sulking

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  10. dmanti

dmanti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I somewhat begrudgingly gave away my JBL Xtreme 2 bluetooth speaker to my cheapass, non-audiophile friend, partly because he'd never spend over $30 on a speaker, and partly because my Ultimate Ears Hyperboom was its replacement anyway. A loud, bassy, "quality" bluetooth speaker at a remote jobsite is pure joy. :D

I generally use electronics until they die but I try not to hoard things that others could find useful.

Fishon likes this.