Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yeah that's the truth. I am fortunate that my HOA fees are super cheap and they really only say something if it's getting to be really bad. My buddy pays $200 a month for HOA fees and they gave him a $25 "ticket" for leaving his garden hose outside near the spigot one day...

radji and Fishon like this.
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Car alignment.

Unfortunately we have a Nazi HOA here, at least insofar as sending letters for tiny little things. However its one of the cheapest HOAs in the area and everything here is HOA, so..... meh

Back in SC never had a HOA and I guess got lucky with (most) neighbors being well-behaved.

radji and Fishon like this.
  3. Yotsuba

Yotsuba Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm lucky enough to not have to do deal with an HOA in my neighborhood. Though if there was one here, I'm fairly certain they'd absolutely have something to say about the flags in front of my house. "Something something what about the children?"

Now my Klingon flag? Yeah, I won't fly that one for......reasons.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    No idea how many, what kind, or how prominent your flags are, but can you image if everyone was like you and displayed a bunch of flags out in the front yard? An HOA limiting it to one or two sounds reasonable.

[​IMG]

5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I guess it depends on the area you live in. If I learnt anything about the US from the Internetz, it's that some folk really love to display the flag. Sometimes to the point of actually disrespecting it...

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Just contacted the HOA social media page about wood staining (one of the TO-DOs is to stain and seal the backyard deck). Didnt thibk whatever I'd pick would be frowned upon (just some natural wood color, but haven't decided yet) but still asked to be safe. Apparently the official response is to contact the HOA for approval beforehand.... for wood stain.... on wood.

Can't wait to see what the response will be for concrete-colored stain on concrete.

7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    That's a bit extreme...

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    They'll rubber stamp this stuff unless it's something out of the ordinary. Remember, they like neighborhood improvements. I was one of the first in the neighborhood to create a waterless front yard and they took a little time to approve it, but no issues. What is forbidden here is to paint or roof your house a different color than it is. Yet someone did just that and they did not make them repaint it. I know others would have made them to a complete repaint job.

9. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Welcome to HOA life. Again not my preference but I also want to live within an hour of civilization.

Yeah I dont imagine there should be any issues with it; not like in painting the deck hot pink or anything :)

10. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Is burning the HOA enforcer's house to the ground out of the question? Can't nit-pick over the rules if you don't have a house in the neighborhood.

Fishon and killkenny1 like this.