Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Best Buy put the Razer Basilisk Ultimate up for $100 to Reward Zone members. I had $65 worth of RZ certificates plus another $25 gift card so even with a 2-year Geek Squad warranty added, I was still out the door for less than $30. At the same time, I picked up a Maingear Vector 2 laptop, which is the same Tongfang chassis as the Eluktronics RP-15. It was $1199 at the time, but earlier this week MicroCenter discounted it to $999 (which probably makes it the cheapest RTX 2060 Max-P system out there). I got back to the store today to get a price adjustment and happened to be around when someone changed their mind on one of these, so I jumped on it. I sold off my RTX 2080 for a decent price about a week before these GPUs were announced so while it's more or less a lateral move in terms of power, it ended up costing me less.

20201206_035905909_iOS.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Convel likes this.
  2. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haha, we'll see how it goes!

The smarter move would have been to go the Jabra or Jaybird route, but I find myself not using separate earphones for workouts and other listening sessions anymore. Comfort of proper waterproofing aside, the Sennheisers are more appealing to me in just about every other regard. While I would have preferred to see IP68, I don't know of any traditional audio brands offering such a rating and, technically speaking, IPX4 is specifically against sweat, so it's not impossible they'll tolerate my usage. I know there are other people subjecting them to running. How long and frequently they've been doing it without dismay is the all-important question.

radji likes this.
  3. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    ER bill

4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Let's not start with the politics.

For those that forgot the forum rules:
    "Political Discussions, Signatures & Avatars

Discussions, signatures and avatars supporting candidates, political action/interest group, or controversial topics are not allowed. Political and religious discussion should not take place on this forum."

5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    TIL saying "Canada is great" is political :D:D:D
    A lot of people say 'America" and think that everyone will assume it's USA. However, the fact is - America is large, it's two continents. So I like to make a small joke at people who assume that America is mainly USA.

upload_2020-12-9_7-39-24.png
    Maple syrup, ice hockey, poutine and moose are great, eh.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    The timing of your comment in the mist of a political debate is why it was deleted. Plus its off topic in a post your last purchase thread...

7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Shoulda bought a bottle of Canadian Whiskey, posted it here, then proceed to claim how great Canada is. ;)

Convel likes this.
  8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    This is acceptable, although I'd have to buy some more bourbon and counter that argument...

I guess it does give me an excuse to pick up some more bourbon though...

Convel and Fishon like this.
  9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Office 365 renewal.

10. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    My Jabra's are IP57 and I've done gone had an ocean wave splash against me with them in. Still work. The Sennheisers probably sound better though. I just saw a commercial for a pair of Bose earbuds that they claim are for extreme workouts. One of the consumer reviews said their IPX4 rating was a big stretch. :rolleyes:

Convel likes this.