Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A 55" LG CX television. I love it; best TV I've ever had. It will go very nicely with my next-gen gaming setup... whenever I can get my hands on one :p

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    woah weird..Im thinking of the cx how is it? I was on the phone with visions today and might pick one up for 1700 cad

3. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't feel like I could offer a review that would do it justice, but I really love it. The picture quality is gorgeous, and its features (120hz, HDR, etc.) are amazing. I recommend checking out the LG CX videos on the HDTVtest YouTube. His reviews of the LG CX helped me make up my mind to buy one, and he's recently been pumping out a number of helpful videos about using the LG CX with an Xbox Series X.

4. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Those LG do really look amazing when I visit Best Buy, but to me it's sort of like my phone. When I compare the screen to the iPhone or other top Andriod phone, it seems subpar, but when I'm using it day to day, it seems fine. I managed to get one of the $230 TCL series 4 65" TVs at Target, but I'm sort of on the fence as to whether to keep it. Despite being 10 years old, my Sanyo still seems to offer pretty good image quality, so does an extra foot of screen size justify the cost? I'm not sure, but I've got until then end of January to decide.

JRE84 likes this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    tcl 4 series got some pretty impressive reviews/feedback from people..i thought about getting something more affordable like from walmart but tvs are more of a long term investment and don't need to be upgraded for years. I say keep it 4k will be around for a while and even 1080p when sitting a few feet away is just fine. as for the sanyo, tvs dont last forever.

6. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Looks like I may have my first desktop GPU upgrade in 10 years, been more of a laptop guy forever. I'm assuming "packaging" means I got one (3080). Have another ordered from a different site that I need to cancel if this one ships.

7. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'm sure the TCL is a fine TV and probably better than my Sanyo, which it should be given that it's 10 years newer, but is that worth the money? That's what I'm wrestling with to decide. The TCLs main asset is it's a foot bigger and doesn't have a hideous 2" bezel. I sit pretty close to the TV, so it seems big enough, and like I said, it still offers pretty good PQ. Not as good as the LG, but I only see those infrequently.

JRE84 likes this.
  8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    its a good tv i almost bought one based on bang for the buck....kinda like how can this fail....cheap and good picture quality....if you can squeeze ten years out of it i say you keep it its really good...really good motion handling for sports and great colours

9. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    42" Isignia HDTV = 40 USD
    Alienware Graphics Amplifier + RM550x = 100 USD

10. Nick

Nick Professor Carnista

Reputations:
    HP Envy X360 Ryzen 7, 400 nit screen, 512GB, 16GB, MPP2.0 Tilt Pen

[​IMG]

Convel and Fishon like this.