Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Weather is just fine, unless you mean it getting a bit nippy in the winter (though thats good.... lower HAVC costs :) ). Personally I've had pretty decent experiences with the people I've met so far... outside my local area; RTP, at least within the Reddit/Discord population, is pretty obnoxious and negative about anyone that doesnt agree with their specific political worldview, to the point where I had to just stop associating with them entirely. But on that and ontp the real world, its a swing state even internally, so a lot of that sort of stuff is pretty chill amd you'll see a decent mix of things.

You'd be trading in wildfires and earthquakes for hurricanes. Personally a plus but up to you.

Honesfly my biggest gripes about the area are the increased gas prices compared to neighbors and the increased property costs (RTP specifically) compared to the areas in SC I came from. But those are minor.

Fishon likes this.
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Uncomfortably humid and plenty of mosquitoes in certain areas I've heard. You speak of the RTP area and that's the same wherever you go. Good paying jobs and amenities always leads to crowds and traffic, and a higher cost of living all around. That and weather is always the trade off. And just like here in Cali were the more rural you go the more conservative, your state is pretty 50/50 in that regard. Interesting the NHL and no other pro sports in the state.

3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    lol...

nc vs cali???

am I reading this correctly? um don't move maybe

Fishon likes this.
  4. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Yeah, mosquitos can be an issue, though honestly the humidity isn't that bad (at least compared to where I was in SC...). IIRC there really isn't any of those problems at the Outer Banks though.

I dont expect Fishon to actually move, just shooting sh*t with him

Fishon and JRE84 like this.
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    And when it comes down to it you may be right because moving away from family is difficult. It's not that the family as a whole wouldn't be opposed, but we all have high paying business and jobs here. Talk's cheap when they complain about high taxes, regs, and liberal laws. Quite another to move away from your six figure income employment. That's when everyone gets clay feet. For my business, it would not make a bit of difference since I work the phones at home.