Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    only reason I said that is because im waiting first....waiting to see if it will have full vr support

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    You're in for a wait then. It's not something that gets added two weeks after release...

3. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    An LG 55" smart-ish TV. My 12 year old Sony Bravia had it's CCFL finally go bad.

Also just picked up my first pair of specs ever.

On a flight sim?! o_O

Is there such a VR system that can support such a graphic overload?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Fishon likes this.
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it should microsoft promised VR support they just won't tell us when and NO I probably won't be able to play it in VR with a gtx 1060

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I had bought an Acer 4K/144 Hz monitor and some new case fans for my desktop. When installing the latter, I bumped one of the RAM sticks while it was still installed in the motherboard. When I powered the system back on, nothing. Got the fans spinning and GPU running but no display. I figured I shorted out the RAM, which took the board with it. I wasn't too broken up about it because both the board and RAM were kind of crappy anyway. I didn't want to spent a ton of money on it, but reasonably priced Z390 boards are pretty thin on the ground right now. I found an MSI for $150 from Best Buy of all places. Actually paid less than that for it and some Corsair RAM when factoring in Reward Zone points and some store credit I had. Got it all set up this afternoon. I haven't put together a desktop PC in nearly a decade so there were some tense moments, especially when getting the CPU cooler transferred from the old board to the new one.

After an initial scare with no display on the monitor that was the result of not having the DisplayPort cable fully connected, it came to life. I didn't even need to reinstall Windows. The only things missing were the Ethernet driver and random some system controller. The former was resolved with the driver CD that came in the box (I have an external DVD drive), and once I was online, Windows Update picked up the other unknown piece of hardware. Windows even reactivated on its own. So it's all as if nothing ever happened in the first place.

kojack and JRE84 like this.
  6. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No matter what its in, gotta love with the plan comes together like that. I installed 2 sets of Rigid lights on a western star truck this week. Called Rigid to get the wiring sorted out, they told me the red on the switch triggered the relay.....now, every wiring setup I ever used, the blue triggered the relay, so I said, well it's rigid tech line she should know what is what. I wired up the lights according to rigids suggestion. FRIG, a Short. So I started testing everything else out, Calling western star etc. I also went back through the previous installers work, and noticed his relay wired up wrong too. Long story short. He came back the next day, I trashed the old wiring, went' with my gut and what my brain has told me from years of mechanics and install work, and low and behold.......Lights that work, just as I thought they would with my proven wiring in place. Sometimes it's trust your gut. and go with it. In 55kms of driving that night he saw 36 moose. On the northern peninsula of Newfoundland there are literally thousands of mooose in a very small location because of Mountians on one side, ocean on another. They all gather in the middle by the highway.

Auxilary driving lights are a MUST on the island here.

Fishon likes this.
  7. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just bought a 21 Toyota Supra, traded my 370 NISMO. Buyers remorse kicking in major.

8. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    What's wrong with the Toyota?

Fishon likes this.
  9. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nothing love it. Just traded in a paid for 2016 370 NISMO with 6800 miles on it and gained a nice new payment. Plan to pay it off in 2 months anyway so it’s all good.

10. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    :vbthumbsup::vbthumbsup:

Congrats, and enjoy the machine!