Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
  2. Dialup David

Dialup David Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Not bad for my first new car ;)

3. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice! The Lexus RC is a looker and a unique choice! You'll be standing out in a good way.

Dialup David likes this.
  4. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My Toro mower has been a pain in the rear ever since the warranty ended in 2014, big surprise there. After it's third time in the shop this year, they told me it needed an engine rebuild, which would cost between $400-800, depending on whether I went used or new on the rebuild. I said “tempting as that is, I think I'll buy a new mower”, which I did:

[​IMG]

I'm kind of hoping no carburetor, spark plug or oil means I can save on the bi-annual trip to the repair shop at $50-75 a visit. The Ego seems to do a decent job. I think the Toro cut looks a bit better, though that might be fixed by adjusting the settings as my lawn mower now has an app. It did my whole yard and was still in the green. The new mower has way more torque, which is good for going over obstacles like tree roots, but you have to let go of the throttle when turning or getting close to the curb as it'll take off on you otherwise.

I went in my basement last week where I run a dehumidifier in the summer as it gets a bit tropical down there. It looked like it had an accident as there was a puddle under it. I did some on-line research and from what I could tell it was the condenser, which should have been covered by the warranty for five years. I thought I bought it at Sears, but when I finally remembered my Sears password, I did not get it there. I tried my accounts at Amazon, Walmark, Home Depot, etc, but could not find it. Frigidaire requires a receipt for warranty service, though my unit had a manufacturer date of 1/15, which would have made it within five years. I went through all my CC states since 2015, but could not find it, so I ponied up and got a new one:

[​IMG]

So there went $200, plus another $500 for the mower so I could tell you about the joys of home ownership.

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I've had the EGO mower for the last four years, and it's worked so well that I've subsequently purchased their hedge trimmer, weed whacker, and leaf blower. You'll be very happy with it.

alaskajoel likes this.
  6. evenflow153

evenflow153 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    iPad Pro 11in
    This thing is awesome!

But I did need a new generator. During Dorian I noticed that my generator had stopped working. I just used nothing as my power came on after 5-15 mins.
    Then my camper needed a nice trip. Currently in Canton, NC but on the way to Victor, ID. In gas money that’s over $550, a new generator 650 and then a iPad Pro $750 (got it used). That’s $1950 for a vacation, iPad, and a generator.

hmscott likes this.
  7. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just bought the iPhone 11 Pro in gold, 256 GB. I went for the Pro rather than the Pro Max because I don't think that I need the extra screen space and the big phones tend to fall out of my pockets. But if I don't like it, I'll swap it out for the Max.

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    $160 for outside window cleaning on the house.

[​IMG]

t456 likes this.
  9. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Airline tickets, hotel stay, car rental

Convel likes this.
  10. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    New battery and 512GB m.2 for my Surface Pro 4.

Give some new life to this tablet, and way cheaper than buying the newer SP iteration.