Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. NB_Neenja

NB_Neenja Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My last purchase was a motherboard to powerboard cable for my laptop. I tore a wire on my old cable trying to remove it, but luckily I found a used one on eBay for $8 (the new ones are like $20). It worked fine.

So I guess this post was on-topic, not actually off-topic.

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Metallica - Hardwired... To Self-Destruct.
    Apparently with ticket purchase you also get a free copy of Metallica's latest album (if you opt for physical copy), just have to pay for shipping. Pretty neat if you ask me.
    Good thing a friend of mine who also bought a ticket to see Metallica pointed out to me, as I have initially missed this.

hmscott, Convel, radji and 2 others like this.
  3. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Another SSD, Crucial MX500 500GB for my old lappy, and now deciding which SteelSeries mouse to get - Rival 310 or Sensei 310.

Fishon likes this.
  4. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Talk about a bonehead move. Last week I was making some Mac and Cheese in the microwave. I walked out of the room for a minute and when I came back, smoke was billowing from the microwave. I thought it might be on fire, but no, I forgot to add the water to the Mac and Cheese, so it was just torching pasta shells.

Though I sprayed air freshener liberally, the whole house and microwave smelled burnt popcorn, but by yesterday the house was starting to get better. I tried some internet remedies I found like boiling water with lemon juice in it to get the smell out of the microwave, but they had little effect, so I put the microwave outside where it got rained and snowed on. When I sniffed it yesterday, it seemed OK, so I brought it in to thaw out in the basement. Unfortunately, it think it was so cold out(4°F), the odorous molecules were just not moving much, making them harder to smell. When I used it this morning, the burnt popcorn scent was still malodorous, so I went on Amazon to look for a new microwave.

I saw one I liked. I have a free Prime Trial due to the fact my Internet went out last week and CenturyLink assured me my modem had broken, so I went on Amazon to buy one and was offered a free Prime Trial. It sure came in handy, but ironically, my modem was not broken. The microwave I liked was Prime eligible. I noticed if I bought in on Tuesday, it would arrive on Monday or if I paid for one day shipping, it would arrive Wednesday. This seemed odd to me since Prime should have two day shipping. I chatted with Amazon and they agreed to waive the fee as a one time favor, which seemed generous as the shipping cost was $20. I bought a microwave:

[​IMG]

It's too bad as my old microwave was only a couple years old and did what I needed from it, but whaddya do?

hmscott likes this.
  5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    If this is your story of microwave, I would like to see your post about refrigerator purchase... Most likely it will have a length of War And Piece :D

radji, Ifrin and hmscott like this.
  6. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Apparently, you missed the thread about my car.

Fishon and killkenny1 like this.
  7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Tickets to see Alex Skolnick Trio.

Fishon likes this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Interesting. What's your favorite example of a cover they've done?

9. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    One of these:

[​IMG]

Fishon likes this.
  10. killkenny1

Reputations: