Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's become tradition for my wife and I to shop on Black Friday starting in the late morning/early afternoon. Crowds weren't bad at most places we went, except for Kohl's and Bath & Body Works of all places. Among the stuff I got for myself were a new set of luggage (the $48 door buster from Target), a new heavy winter coat ($40, which was half price), a couple long-sleeve thermal shirts (less than $10 a piece on a clearance rack), some PS4 accessories and games, and a NVMe SSD.

2. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    HDMI socket for some poor student's PS4 at a whopping $0.76 inc. shipping:

[​IMG]

Pins on old port broke since it didn't have that black plastic re-inforcement thingy. Bit cheaper than $150 for a new motherboard and surprisingly enough it's running fine after the first soldering attempt; pins were too small to verify with a multimeter so was a bit of a gamble.

Convel and hmscott like this.
  3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Didn't get a single channel. I guess I do live in the sticks. I wouldn't mind paying the $20 offer I get from Dish every other week, but when you call them they say "Oh, we forgot to mention the $30 in fees". All I really want to do is watch football on Sundays, but I'm not paying $50 a month so they can serve me up 20 minutes of commercials every hour and local channels, where football is, are extra.

hmscott likes this.
  4. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I bought this same antenna and got one channel. The 30+ year old Archer antenna I was using picked up everything but Fox. I should also mention that we have a Mohu Leaf Ultimate in the living room and all three bedrooms that also pick up everything (including Fox).

hmscott likes this.
  5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Crucial MX500 1TB SSD and WD Black 2TB HDD, plus a couple of SATA cables.

saturnotaku, hmscott and Fishon like this.
  6. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    An excellent condition OG Xbox One complete with original packaging. Paid only $125 including shipping. Main reason I'm getting it is for the backward compatibility, and as such, I got a handful of 360 games to go with it.

7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    A couple of tickets to see King Crimson at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles . Only three tour dates for the US- LA, NY, and Chicago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    killkenny1 likes this.
  8. Datamonger

Reputations:
    Not bad. Don't forget that they've added backwards compatibility for original Xbox games as well. No where near as many as with the Xbox 360, but the feature is still there.

9. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Unfortunately there’s only one OG Xbox game I’m interested in that’s backwards compatible and I’m not optimistic about the possibility of more being added any time soon, if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Datamonger

Reputations:
    Not so much a purchase as it is an acquisition. I got a Panasonic TH-50PZ700U for free. It's definitely an older TV and is a plasma, so power consumption is up there. However, the picture and sound quality is far better than my 40" Sony Bravia. From what I can find online, the original cost of this TV was $2999.

radji and Fishon like this.