Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Oh, @Ichinenjuu ...

A spectro is like $10k. But the one I got with my digital press I was able to use to calibrate the ICC profiles of my monitors. Its like a night and day difference I swear. Could not believe how dim and dull the color was before calibrations.

I didn't like the surface books. The hinge mechanism looks too squirrely. Given the last Surface Pro update was only small hardware changes, if M$ does not deliver something spectacular this time, they are going to be in real trouble. I would love to see movement on the Andromeda device, considering HTC is on it's way out so I need to choose a new phone OEM.

hmscott likes this.
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
  3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    So I spend $10,000 to fix a monitor that's worth $50? Are there other profiles out there I can use?

4. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    See, I thought the hinge was one of the cooler things about the Surface Book. As for Andromeda, I'd like to see something on that as well. When it comes to phones though, I'd be surprised if Microsoft releases another. That being said, a Surface Phone would be pretty cool, provided it's done right. I think, if a Surface Phone were to be released, it'd of course run Windows 10 on ARM. When used in "phone mode", it'd be locked to Windows 10 S and a modified version of Tablet Mode. To get out of S Mode, the phone would need to be docked (through either a Microsoft-designed dock or third party device).

5. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    hmscott likes this.
  6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Iphone Tennis Max 512 GB. I know I know. Terrible. Absolutely. I actually feel like Ichi looks when I think about it. Oh, and I got a new truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Convel, radji and Fishon like this.
  7. OverTallman

OverTallman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Finally saved enough money for my Ryzen rig :)
    [​IMG]
    I reused the power supply and graphics card though. Also, dank lighting system will come later.

Convel, Fishon, hmscott and 2 others like this.
  8. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    2019 Bianchi Impulso Allroad 105 11sp – for commuting and fitness. Also pre-ordered an EK-Vector RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi waterblock.

Fishon and OverTallman like this.
  9. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Nice all-rounder. Mudguards, lights and a handlebar for the commute, perhaps?

Not a fan of disc brakes though ... speaking of which; a new olive for some old hydraulic rim brakes:
    Magura Olives for Hydraulic Hoses

Trimmed the cable today and needed that olive since the old one can't be re-used. Could order the brakes retail now, but at the time they could only be gotten pre-installed through a dealer and most bike mechanics are lazy; they keep the stock length for brake and derailleur cables as-is. That overly-long cable has annoyed me for the last five years, so ... at last :vbbiggrin: !

Dannemand likes this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Got the car tuned. Low RPM curve was skewed as it needed tying down tighter ^-^. So ignore before 3000rpm on the tune. It feels just a tad higher there to drive.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Convel likes this.