Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had to go to the CAC office this morning because the RFID portion of my ID card stopped working and I wasn't able to enter the building on my own. Stopped by the GameStop at the PX on my way back to the office for this.

[​IMG]

t456, radji, hmscott and 1 other person like this.
  2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I found a motorcycle maintenance course where they teach you the basics like oil changes and clutch adjustments. It's on my day off too. I figure if I can do the basics like oil changes, brake pads, valve adjustments, etc., the class will more than pay for itself. Typically, oil changes are $50 around here, but the parts are $20 or less, so three of those and I'm golden.

radji, Gabrielgvs, Fishon and 2 others like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I remember the first time I did an oil change on my GS550E, my instructor forgot one thing...

I was rolling down the freeway at full speed - long haul home - and all of a sudden I see a black line coming out on the white concrete road in my rear view mirror - lucky I caught it, my drain plug had vibrated loose and all my oil was draining out.

So, I pulled over, and accessed the situation, discovered the oil dripping from the pan, pan plug missing.

Crossed my fingers and walked back a 1/4 mi following the line of oil on the freeway until I came to where it started, and right there on the ground was the pan plug.

Picked it up, walked back to the bike, hand fastened it back in the hole, and pushed it about a mile till I got to a truck stop and bought oil, then got back on the road for home. The retaining lock washer for the pan plug was still in the oil back at the classroom workshop.

Yup, saving money by doing it yourself, definitely worth it. ;)

I found a good motorcycle mechanic after that, and never looked back. Never needed to, my oil pan plug never dropped out again. :D

I hope you have better luck...
    1978_GS550E_black_600.jpg
    That was a great bike... :)

What are you riding?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Fishon likes this.
  4. ZaZ

Reputations:
    Moto Guzzi Nevada Classic in red:

[​IMG]

radji, killkenny1 and hmscott like this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Nice classic design. :)

I also had a sissy bar and rack like that, it did a lot of baggage carry for me over the college years.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  6. ZaZ

Reputations:
    It's a 2007, so I'm not sure it qualifies as a classic, but I like it and it fits me well, which is important on a motorcycle. It's not especially fast, but I don't care about going fast. It'll cruise at 80MPH all day long. It's light and a shafty, so no chain maintenance. I like that it's a very rare bike. I doubt I'll ever see another the rest of my life. I could probably count on one, maybe two, hands the number Nevadas sold in my state. It was only offered in the US from 2005-2008 and I don't think it was a big seller for Guzzi in the US, but did better over in Europe, though you will see them pop up on eBay occasionally.

Fishon and hmscott like this.
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Ordered these puppies:
    [​IMG]

Someone help my neighbors...

Convel and Fishon like this.
  8. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well my dudes, this summer I'm going to build my very first gaming PC :D

I'm not converting from Apple, I still have my 15" MBP as my main device, but I've really been wanting a 4K desktop lately and decided building one was a good route to go.

So so far I've only ordered the case and the motherboard, but here's what I'm getting:

Cooler Master H500P Mesh Case
    ASRock Taichi X470 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor
    Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM 16 GB
    Corsair RM650x PSU
    ASRock Phantom Gaming AMD 580 (8GB) Graphics card
    BenQ 27" 4K monitor
    Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard

Haven't decided on CPU cooler or mouse yet, but there are a couple Cooler Master and Corsair ones I'm looking at.

radji, Fishon and hmscott like this.
  9. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Building a PC over the summer is a nice project! What games will you be playing? An RX 580 skirts the line of 30 fps average at 4K in most titles, while 15 fps will be more realistic for very demanding titles like Metro: Last Light. Trying to avoid Intel and Nvidia or simply being budget conscious?

10. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I acquired some more black and yellow storage for my business. Total cost was $780, not bad considering the quality and quantity of storage.
    Two of each:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018