Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Lies.

More lies.

Fishon likes this.
  2. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I threw sensibility out the window. That RAM kit only has 3 QVL entries...

EDIT: Order cancelled. Store didn't actually have the kit I bought.

EDIT 2: Order repeated elsewhere, though with slightly slower RAM (4133C19).

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    saturnotaku likes this.
  3. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    32GB Samsung microSD card. I didn't realize that the ROM files on my flash drive were simply being dumped to the Raspberry Pi.

4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Oh how my wallet wishes it was true...

Fishon and Convel like this.
  5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero Risky Beats Edition for PS4. Got it for $12.50 at the local Toys R Us going out of business sale.

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
  7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Lots of good stuff:
    • An 8bitdo wireless adapter to use a DualShock 4 on PC. Aside from battery life, the DS4 is an infinitely better controller than the DS3. Pairing was super-simple, and a recent firmware update brought DirectInput compatibility so it will play nicely with older games.
    • A silver DualShock 4. Gamestop is running a promo this week where you can buy either it or an Xbox One controller for $30 with qualifying trade-in of one of the same. If you have one of the older Xbox One controllers without the 3.5mm audio jack, now might be a good time to upgrade.
    • A 5-port Netgear unmanaged switch to add extra Ethernet ports so I can have my PS4 Pro directly wired to my network while it's connected to...
    • A Monoprice 27-inch 4K "HDR" monitor. HDR is in quotes because its maximum brightness is nowhere near high enough to provide the absolutely stunning visuals of high-end PC displays and TVs. Of course, those cost a heck of a lot more than this. The bezels are rather large, the stand has no adjustment other than a small amount of tilt, and the on-screen display controls are the worst I have ever used - Monoprice must know this because they include a remote control that works quite well. Re-acclimating to 60Hz is a downer, as is the lack of G-Sync, but I can't complain too much for the price. I paid $300, which is a darn sight better than the $400-$650 for displays of similar specification from Dell and LG I was also considering. That being said, it's been offered for as little as $250. At that price, it's an absolute steal.

Convel likes this.
  9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Even mo' addons for Prepar3D...

10. Porter

Porter Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I bought a 2nd 4TB 2.5" SSD off Amazon Warehouse deal for $1300 USD which is a steal, and received a 120GB driveo_O. The scammers did a good job because it was labeled with a real looking 4TB Samsung label and in a retail box with matching S/N. Maybe they just swapped a real 4TB drive chassis with the 120GB.

Sending it back, hope to get my money back on it. Not had good luck though since the last time I had to send something back a year ago they screwed me out of $100+. Kept promising they owed it to me but after 4 months and who knows how many hours on the phone I eventually got tired of spending my evenings calling and re-explaining everything and gave up.