Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Good chance it will come with a free small bottle of glue which has saved a few as well. And when the glue gets low add a little water and pectin.

Make sure to drive it in straight (and rotate it out as well- not pull), and you can often hear some crackling and feel some resistance to know where the plug is. With a larger ring gauge I'll drill multiple holes. Flip the stick over and tap out the tobacco dust before smoking. If you decide a cigar need fixing in the middle of a smoke, be careful as the tobacco moistens and it can easily take too much tobacco - it starts to rip it out. But it's a great tool to unplug and to sometimes just open the draw up for a different experience.

2. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I watched the instructional video (which is actually an odd thing for me to do), and the demonstrator instructed to just pull it straight out, rather than with a twist. I assume you've tried both and that your practical experience is that the latter method is better? I wouldn't have much trouble twisting it I don't think, and the pullout method is probably overrated. As far as drilling multiple holes with the larger ones, I'll leave that to you good buddy.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Not when the consequences can last a lifetime. :D

Sure, pull a bit until resistance, then twist. I don't want a hole so big I can drive a truck through it, and I'd rather bore twice then take too much out. You'll figure it out quickly enough and you can do some practice on those Oliva G's or whatever have you.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Gabrielgvs likes this.
  4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Bunch of medicine...

5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    You know, funny thing is that if there was a cure to what is currently incurable, the more likely scenario would be that the pharamacuetical company / hospital / insurance company / etc would still sell it to you, but at an amazingly high rate.

7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Ten day Hawaii trip to the big island. Going in August on Alaska airlines. Saying two nights close to a volcano and rest by the beach.

radji and Gabrielgvs like this.
  8. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I bought a Nexus 9 in 2015 that I never really used much until recently, whereupon, I noticed how laggard the thing was. I only surfed a bit on it and played a few low tech games, but if you wanted to close an app, it would take like 15 seconds(I know, it was a nightmare :D). I had gotten the 16GB version, which was a mistake. By the time I put my 4GB of music on it, there wasn't much space left over. Plus, I always kind of felt the 9" screen was a bit small. I decided to sell it. I got $150 for it, which I was pleased with since I think I paid less than $200 for it in 2015, but it was in very nice shape due to the fact it saw little use.

I wasn't sure what to get, but I always kind of wanted an iPad, just for something different. Today they popped up on Best Buy for $250. I had my $150 from selling my Nexus and one of my credit cards had $100 in cashback on it, so I decided to go for it. I went to Best Buy to pick it up this morning. My general impressions are good. iOS runs better and I like the extra inch of screen size. Probably my biggest complaint is the screen feels plasticky when you tap it, unlike any smartphone or tablet I've owned in the past. The back has a nice metal covering. If they were going to save some money, I'd wish for a plastic back and a better screen.

[​IMG]

saturnotaku likes this.
  9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    A pair of 4 GB DDR3 SO-DIMMs and an Intel 6200 wireless card to upgrade the AW M11x R2 I bought a couple weeks ago.

10. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That should be gorgeous. My wife wants to move to Hawaii, for real. I, do not. It wouldn't be until retirement, but damn. . . $$$$$$$$. :confused:

Fishon likes this.