Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG] :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Wow, $610 rent, isn't that kinda cheap for US?

3. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Already paid my mother back for those.

Dude, you flat out asked me what my credit rating is. That is none of your business. Would you like to see my bank statement as well? How 'bout I send you my credit card statements too? You can look at them when you're not getting drunk.

To further explain my recent purchases, since some European kid thinks they need to criticize my spending, the Vaio Tap 11 will be flipped, because Vaios seem to get a fair bit of money on eBay. The headphones are for work, as I'll be starting a new position soon that involves testing courses and I'd rather not use some cheap headset that multiple people have used.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    $610/mo is nice for rent, though how the hell is that person paying 13.75% interest on a $6500 car loan???

Buy here, pay here scam?

5. Datamonger

Reputations:
    Sometimes that's the only way you can buy a car. That's how I had to buy my 1995 Grand Marquis back in 2007 since I couldn't get financing to save my life because of "insufficient credit history".

6. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Congrats on the new position. Might I recommend your first managerial order to be the burning of all shared headphones. I'd sooner share underpants with someone than headphones.

Datamonger likes this.
  7. Datamonger

Reputations:
    Thanks. I'm more than looking forward to starting this position. No more getting home at midnight, no more working on weekends or holidays, and no more being considered "mission essential". Just a normal 8 to 5 with an hour lunch, Monday through Friday. Best of all, it comes with a pay raise. Not much of one, but still a raise. I'll also be able to cut back on fuel costs since I'll be able to ride to work with my mother, who also works on Ft. Eustis, but from 7:30 to 4:30.

radji likes this.
  8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    My 8 year old laptop also says it has enough juice in battery for 1:15h, but then goes into hibernation after 5 minutes of using it...

Don't remember asking for your credit rating, and couldn't care less for some US American boy's bank statement.
    You seemed to complain that you buy a lot of stuff in credit, and then continue buying more stuff.
    I think it would be logical to expect someone to ask you sooner or later if it's wise to buy more stuff if you haven't fully paid for the previous stuff.
    Remember, you post these things openly and fully voluntarily, no need to have your jimmies rustled...

Anyway, congrats on your new position. Better working conditions with better pay is something all of us try to achieve. Hope you will transfer from working shifts to "8 to 17" without any problems and that "8 to 17" really means "8 to 17".
    On my previous job "8 to 17" was never the case, since I always ended up working more and my lunch break usually was 15-20 minutes. If any of us would go out for an hour for a lunch break, our company director would get angry and start BSing us. Luckily this just made it easier to make a decision to quit my job and start looking for a new one.

I didn't say it, I wrote it.

9. Full-English

Full-English Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Beer[​IMG]

Sent from my G using Tapatalk

10. Teraforce

Teraforce Flying through life

Reputations:
    I tested it last night, and it finally got down to 7% after 2 hours of use. That's freaking amazing, considering that A) the battery is 10+ years old, and B) The typical shelf life of the HP VA08 battery is no more than 2 years (my 5-minute one is almost 6 years old...)

Now I need to figure out why I get
    "error: no such partition
    entering rescue mode...
    grub rescue>"
    when I swap the HD from my old nw8440 to my 'new' nw8440. It still works perfectly in my old nw8440. I swapped the RAM and Wireless cards when I swapped the drive so that the only differences are the CPU, CD drive, and the presence of a fingerprint reader. I'm guessing GRUB is looking for a unique CPU ID?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018