Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Congrats!
    I also have a 21:9 display on my bucket list. Some day...

next time feed animals people food, much cheaper :D

Careful, it is starting to show you are a Civic owner :D:p

2. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Heh. What's wrong with a Civic?

3. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Nothing.

4. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nothing. Civic is a blank slate. If there's something wrong with one, it's likely because of something between the seat and the steering wheel. They don't come with giant wings and fart cans. Those are voluntary.

Ionising_Radiation likes this.
  5. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I always had a weakspot for UltraSharps. Problem with 3440x1440@100 Hz, and beyond for that matter, is that you need some serious horsepower to drive it... I don't have those, at the moment. I still notice a difference refresh rate wise since my laptop can do more than than 60 fps in Overwatch, which is about the only game I play for the time being, but I do have a couple of heavier games planned, so a new desktop sooner rather than later would be ideal.
    Heh, the price of our bucket lists seems to increase quite a bit with age, doesn't it? Hopefully I can set money aside for a Volta build and do this monitor justice, but there really seems to be a lot of wants and expenses short term. Either way, this tall-sitting display has my neck thankful it's not longer bent! :vbtongue: I reckon flight sims would do very nicely with the extra field of view as well. :vbsmile:

6. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Tell me about it. I'm already thinking Volta even though my Pascal upgrade isn't final.

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Honestly, it didn't grow. Maybe even shrank a bit on PC related stuff. I don't have too much time to play, so it's kinda pointless to upgrade. That and the fact that Vega came out a bit disappointing. I was thinking about ditching nVidia for AMD, but it seems they can't exactly match the offering...

8. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    It starts with your internet speed. I have 50/5 thru Cox and an Asus AC router. So everything is very smooth. Two of us are watching/streaming live TV right now and I've not had any buffering issues. Your choice of streaming device matters next. Cheap devices will not stream or process as fast. Then you've got to pick a decent service that won't have issues on the server end.

9. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When we first ditched cable a year ago, we went with the Mohu Leaf Ultimate (now sold as the Mohu Leaf 50) antenna. In our area, we get all of the local channels and a few low power channels as well. We have three mounted on the front wall (one in my room, one in my sister's room, and one in the living room) of the house and one mounted on the back wall (in my mother's room). All four get the same channels. On a good night, I've actually gotten channels from the DC area, which is well outside the 50 mile radius that my antenna is designed for, in my bedroom. I'd imagine that one of these antennas would probably perform better in your area.

10. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    We have 150/10 with Cox and have almost no problems with DirecTV Now. That being said, we were early adopters of the service and have been using it since the day the service went live. During the first few months, the quality of service wasn't the greatest and we had a lot of playback issues. Since then, those issues seem to have been ironed out.