Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Yotsuba

Yotsuba Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, but I can't do that while I'm at work. Also, I have my big TV and the dock in my computer room, which is on the opposite side of the house from my bedroom.

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub. Realized one of my MIR cards was about to expire; I'm thinking of making a Raspberry Pi cluster in the future so I'll need a hub and this was on sale on Amazon for exactly $10, the amount on the card.

[​IMG]

Also, another MIR card to get rid of, another item I could make use of:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    radji likes this.
  3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    What do you think of the Switch? I picked up Zelda on the Wii U, just cause I don't think there's going to be any other games I'd buy until Mario comes out for Christmas. Then maybe I'll have a handle on whether I want to spend the money or not. Plus, I read the difference between the Switch and Wii U isn't all that great.

I like old phones, so I bought one of these:

[​IMG]

Then realized I didn't have anywhere to put it, so I bought the table too. Apparently, it has a ringer and modern plug, though I haven't had a landline phone in quite some time.

H.A.L. 9000 likes this.
  4. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Where do you people find all these bad ass end tables??!

5. ZaZ

Reputations:
    It's not rocket science. Googled "Cool End Table" and looked through said images. I found a store selling one I liked, but was too expensive, so I looked through through the rest of their stuff and found one I liked.

6. Yotsuba

Yotsuba Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Personally, I love it. Despite being noticeably heavier than something such as a PlayStation Vita or New 3DS XL, it's rather comfortable to hold. The screen, while only 720p, looks quite nice and seems to have decent enough viewing angles. Given the rather poor battery life, it's definitely a good idea to get an extra power adapter or a high capacity battery pack and USB-C cable. Also, the library for the system just sucks right now. Unless you want Zelda, I really couldn't recommend buying one until at least the end of April, which is when Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out. Now looking at the companies on board with the Switch, it looks like Nintendo has the potential to move a ton of units. However, that's only if these third party developers actually stay committed to the hardware. Personally, I'd love to see titles like GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2 get Switch releases, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

7. ahl395

ahl395 Ahlball

Reputations:
    I bought a 2017 Mustang GT and around $25k of aftermarket parts for it. Lol

H.A.L. 9000 likes this.
  8. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    An Ultimate Porker from Jimmy John's.

Also, if you think I didn't get all the extra bacon and extra ham I could, I have some oceanfront properties in Kansas I think you'd be really interested in.

9. ZaZ

Reputations:
    State of the art communications technology 100 years ago:

[​IMG]

10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The same thing happened with the Wii U and look how that turned out, so I'm pretty skeptical right now. I'm going to wait and see how the software library fleshes itself out over the coming months. If that starts looking more appealing to me, and Nintendo drops the price for the holidays, I'll consider buying one.

And pray for my mortal soul, but look what showed up in the post this week.

[​IMG]