Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    homies just hooked it up with a watch winder.

[​IMG]

hizzaah likes this.
  2. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    I take it wearing it on your wrist for the day isn't enough to fully wind the spring?

3. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i'm sure it is. i think it can hold up to 50-hours of reserve power off a full day of wear, but i just don't wear my watches very often.

4. radji

Reputations:
    Ah. I was gonna say those oscillators in them things can wind up to full strength pretty fast with normal wearing times.

5. optic.ghost

optic.ghost Newbie

Reputations:
    Finally picked up a Game Boy Color (again)!

6. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Time for another oil change on the Jeep. Gonna dump some 'snake oil' (Marvel Mystery Oil; aka mechanic-in-a-can) in it to see if I can get the lifters to shut up. I don't really want to tear it apart again.. Got supplies for that as well as some lift ramps. Much cheaper than a jack and stands, should be sufficient for oil changes for now.

Also, got a few shirts at Target. I don't usually buy too many clothing items there but they were on the 70% clearance rack plus they had a 20% off clearance coupon on their Cartwheel app.

And got some replacement black w/ 3 white stripe adidas shoes. I wore my old ones for everything so they got beat up. Now I have my old ones for work and my new ones for play. Technically my gf bought these but they were 70% off at DSW plus she had a rewards coupon so they were only $8 :cool:

7. radji

Reputations:
    Lifters? Whats your make and model.

PS: how are you sure its the tappets?

8. radji

Reputations:
    $300 for the alarm on my car. They originally wanted $890, but I want gonna pay that ridiculous price.

9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Doesn't alarm come by default in newer cars?

10. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "hydraulic lash adjusters" is the more accurate name. I can hear the noise coming from the passenger valve cover so it's something in there. As far as I know, it can only really be the lash adjusters or maybe the rocker arms or springs but I had all the rocker arms off and they looked good when I replaced that bank of lifters. It could be that I got a bad replacement lifter, but I'm leaning more towards something being clogged and not getting enough oil to that side which is why I wanted to try the MMO.

Swapped in a new oil filter with the old oil (filter is on the side of the block) and poured in the MMO. I let it run for 30-45 min while I was using my steam cleaner in the engine bay. Drained the oil which was blacker than heck despite the last oil change being less than 2k miles ago. Put on a new filter and filled it up again and while I heard the noise for a little bit at first, I haven't heard it since.

It only makes the noise at cold start which is apparently common on KJ Jeeps (especially with 200k miles). I also noticed that it usually doesn't make the noise if the A/C or heater is off. Idk when the belt was last replaced but I'll probably replace it when I get back into town.

It also needs new rotors and pads all the way around. All the little rubber suspension bushings probably should be replaced too but I really don't want to get into all that. I'm thinking the gf is getting close to trading this thing in soon anyway.