Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I thought it was gluttony.

Does that mean radji will be getting his Titan-Z?

Did you try asking him? :D

ajkula66 likes this.
  2. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    he could've tried explaining why to me for hours and i still wouldn't understand. :smh:

Fishon likes this.
  3. killkenny1

Reputations:
    A haircut and 4 x three by four pictures.

4. Patrick

Patrick I beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    Pair of Osram D1s CBI bulbs for 200 + shipping. Not only are they one of the best D1S bulbs available (if not the best), but they are way cheaper than OEM bulbs which are something like 150 each.

Only problem is.... Access to the bulbs location is horrible. There is a cover that goes on the back of the headlight units that seals them from water/etc, and its a pain to put on in the best of times, and if its not on correctly then byebye adaptive module! On top of that, due to being a 'vert there is extra bracing right in front of the cover, making it even harder to get back into place. It took me 2 hours the last time I swapped out my angel eye bulb to get the cover back on the passenger side.

I'm half tempted to just yank the bumper off and completely remove the headlights that way, but that seems to be rife with issues itself.

radji likes this.
  5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Because technology changes.

No you may not ask. Approximately $0-$1000.

6. killkenny1

Reputations:
    So do people. Shouldn't you be protecting your lawn and not playing video games? :D

Talk about your "average stereotypical woman" (says yes means no), I think those B size mewbs are doing something to your mind. "No you may not ask, but I'll tell you anyway!" :D
    But I bet a smooth talker like Fishon could make better deals, make some real profit.

7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Yep, he's got a problem all right. :D

With his established relationships in the field I bet he gets a great deal. Industry knowledge, relationships, and repeat business most likely trumps sale skills here. Not sure where he sells his old one though.

But does it really change that much anymore? I find nothing wrong with your little indulgence btw.

8. killkenny1

Reputations:
    We all have those things which bring us happiness. What good are money, if you won't be spending it on those things :D.

houstoned likes this.
  9. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not from what I can see, certainly in comparison to the larger jumps in processing power we had become accustomed to seeing 10-15 years ago. This Vaio F23 with 2nd gen Intel seems to remain relevant long after I would have previously thought when I purchased. That said, for early-adopters to whom these things are a hobby, I can see where even modest improvements would be enticing.

Fishon likes this.
  10. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Power. Freedom. Influence.

I admire Wingnut though, because although I share a lot of the gaming and gaming gear DNA stemming from those ground-breaking years of the 1980's, this type of distraction is one which has sadly fallen by the wayside over the years.

Fishon likes this.