Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Got my breakfast at iHop; chorizo omelet and 3 buttermilk pancakes.

Gabrielgvs likes this.
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Tip Top Meats for meat and cold cuts (aufschnitt) and Bread and Cie for pastries and bread. Tip Top does carry good German and Russian breads, brotchen, and do no baking themselves.

A lived a stone's throw away from Bread and Cie for a couple years. They really do it right and adhere to their artisan methods- the oven was shipped over from Europe at great expense and ingredients they use are quality. Fair pricing IMO. Four or five days a week I'd walk over in the morning to I'd buy a croissant from them, then take it over to Peet's next door for a coffee and read my LA Times.

http://www.breadandcie.com/

https://www.tiptopmeats.com/

Filled up a big zip lock bag of goodies for a boy in Haiti. An individual at work is going there to distribute the care packages and spread the gospel. (This atheist is cool with that). :D

Superman flip flops, Hulk Hogan soft doll, stickers, pens, crayons, paper, books, candy, Transformer, Hot Wheels, magnifying glass, and a bunch of other stuff. $70

3. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Wally World, believe it or not. And, for a Walmart bike, it's in pretty damn good shape. Only minor problem is that the wheels aren't 100% true, though a trip to a bike shop sometime in the near future can fix that.

Just rode to campus from my apartment this morning (~4 miles one way) and it was real nice. Could have gone a bit faster, though I haven't rode a bike in years, and not with a loaded backpack either.

4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try Chourico in teh eggs.

Chorizo=yum
    Chourico=culinary bliss

5. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Ha I love Chorizo, the best was when I went to an El Salvadorian birthday, and they had carne asada, barbacoa and the best freaking grilled Chorizo with rice oh man.

6. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Mmm, el salvadorian food... makes me want some fried plantains.

I just bought some lobster claws

Just in time for the cold snap :p [​IMG]

7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Now you can do this!
    [​IMG]

ALLurGroceries likes this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Big fan of chorizo and linguica as well. With eggs, added to beans and soups, as a stuffing, or in a burrito etc. Fresh at a local Mexican butcher shop is the way to go as the supermarket types are nasty.

[​IMG]:nah:

One of the best things in the world is a good Salvadorian pupusa. The filling inside the masa is always cheese, with the choice of adding chorizo or chicharrón. Pickled shredded cabbage is added on top as a condiment and hot sauce. Just outside of downtown LA there is a great Salvadorian restaurant that makes them well.

[​IMG]

9. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    man, i been craving for some Papusas lately.

my favorite burger joint down here (BerniesBurgerBus.com) does special "Field Trip" burgers every month where they come up with a very unique burger that will only stay on their menu for that month. last month, they had a burger that used Chicharon Papusas as the "buns". sadly, i didn't have time to grab one, but it looked so damn good.

EDIT: dammit . . . now i'm hungry. :(

10. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    96, yes 96, toilet rolls. I am ready for the toiletrollpocalypse.

I'm too tired to drag myself out in the hall and sit on them but I would otherwise.