Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    No more than the discount stores. The shirt I got was all of $25. Believe me, Walmart ain't that much cheaper.

Jarhead likes this.
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Outlet is definitely the way to go. Was able to pick up a Clemson-theme Columbia jacket for $25 new.

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I usually buy for ~10EUR a pop :D.

4. radji

Reputations:
    Yeah, I saw this at a retailer up in Washington. But they didn't have it in my size. I had to email Columbia's outlet store directly. They found the style and color, but said it was discontinued.

Thank God for Amazon cause I really like Columbia's shirts.

5. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Crucial M500 120GB mSATA SSD

Fishon likes this.
  6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Rosewill PCIe Wireless-N desktop card.

7. Apollo13

Apollo13 100% 16:10 Screens

Reputations:
    Technically, a knackwurst from a local food truck. But much more excitingly, my first smartphone. Like killkenny, I've spurned the path of popularity and adopted a minority OS, in my case Symbian (sorry, Melody!). I don't really care about playing Angry Birds on the go (although I could with Symbian), but mobile WiFi and offline maps with navigation would be nice. And the camera. This camera's the real reason I didn't just get some random phone. It puts my go-to point-and-shoot to shame in low light, and I can't wait to see how it does in good light. It'll be so nice to have a legitimately good camera with me almost all the time rather than the 2 MP one on my old phone.

Only downside is it requires a smaller SIM card than I currently have, so my old phone will have to serve the actual phone functionality until I get a smaller SIM card.

As for Columbia, I've never had their clothes, but I used a Columbia Sportswear backpack as my main backpack for 10 years, until this spring, including all of college and most of high school. It performed admirably, and while it's starting to wear thin at the bottom after a decade, I still use it on occasion. I'd certainly be willing to use their products again.

8. radji

Reputations:
    Fistbump for liking Columbia sportswear too...

But, why on God's Green Earth would you go with a defunct OS like Symbian? Its DOA. No OEMs will probably ever support it again.

9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Just threw away an old Columbia shirt and I'm left with one. If you've noticed, very hard to find a short sleeve with buttons down the front in their catalog. I go to their outlet store in Cabazon.

[​IMG]

:thumbsup:

Going to San Diego today so hundreds will be spent eating, buy supplies, and shopping. :frown:

[​IMG]

Tickets to see Birdman in the theater today as well.

killkenny1 likes this.
  10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    A cup of coffee and a slice of strudel. A bit expensive for my taste, but totally worth it. Also, a new Pink Floyd CD. Wish I had a CD player with me... This CD better be worth the €12.99 I payed for it!