Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Spoiled.. I got a $300 Kia Sephia when I first started driving. I put 10k miles on it and then sold it for $350. :D

booboo12 likes this.
  2. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    So your thinking your gonna get a Tesla as a graduation present? [​IMG]

3. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    I'll just leave this here...

Screenshots_2014-08-18-02-14-20.jpg

booboo12, Johnny T, Thierry19 and 4 others like this.
  4. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, I'll keep the fingers crossed! :D

5. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hah, similar story here. I bought a 92 Saturn SL1 for like 950 bucks as my first car...drove that sucker for 5 years. I got extremely lucky with that deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. radji

Reputations:
    :no:

Because rolling up to class in a $115k automobile is what's most important...

7. Patrick

Patrick I beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    No, whats important is rolling up to class in a 115k car that has the exhaust to turn heads in the next state.

So basically, a Jaguar F-Type with the go-louder exhaust button.

*Drools over F-Type*

Back on topic, I'm spending 230 for an AC recharge and dye. My AC started pumping out warm air out of the drivers vents vs cool air for the passenger which is a sure sign of an improper freon charge. I'm just praying its "natural" loss vs an Evaporator issue. That would be 2600 I don't have to fix.

booboo12 likes this.
  8. radji

Reputations:
    Says the guy with a BMW 128i (I think?). What ever happened to kids being thankful for having their tuition paid for? :mask:

As far as your AC issue, I guarantee it's not your compressor or loss of refrigerant in the AC system. You're still getting cold air for the passenger side. One sure fire way to tell is to look under the hood for your AC hose's High side tap (usually has a red cap, low side will have a blue cap). Turn your AC on full blast and then touch the metal part of the high side tap. It should feel real cold, but not frozen. If it is cold, then your compressor is working and supplying the evaporator with sufficient freon. If it's totally frozen, then their might be an issue with your expansion valve or thermostat. What you describe seems more like your temp control box. That controls whether you cold air from your AC or hot air from your heater core. If your getting different air temps from different vents, then the small door on the air mix control motor may have gone bad.

9. Apollo13

Apollo13 100% 16:10 Screens

Reputations:
    I can kind of understand not skimping on a car and going for a newer one with better reliability and safety features. I knew someone in college who had a recently-model-year Volvo, and I reckoned her parents were thinking along those lines in choosing it instead of older, less expensive options.

I bought my own first (and so far, only) car with my own money, though, not so much as a college graduation present for myself, as a means of transportation to get to my new job. And while my younger sibling did receive my dad's old car, it had over 190,000 miles on it at the time. But it had also been in the family for nearly its whole life and well-maintained, which can make a big difference in reliability.

I'd certainly like a Tesla, too, but they're pretty expensive, and I like not having a monthly car payment since having paid it off several months back.

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    $500 in school clothes... :eek: