Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Well, yeah, but I wear them all the time.

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Fair enough. I just treat mine as a backup in case I'm not wearing contacts.

3. tijo

Reputations:
    Can't wear contacts in a lab, so I get to wear glasses all day, if it were a backup pair, I would never spend that much. Thankfully, my vision has mostly stabilized by now, so I should be good for a fair amount of years.

4. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    And I thought my $300 lenses were alot. I run silhouette glasses, with hingeless titanium frames which cost about $600 total. But I get free exams, and supposedly dealer pricing. I'm not so sure about the dealer pricing though as I pay the same as the sticker the dealer has in their showroom. ;) I'm just glad that I can trade my labor/skills for the glasses and get them at little cost out of my pocket.

5. tijo

Reputations:
    Well, as a matter of fact, my frames of lack thereof are silouhette and titanium (I got 50$ off on those too, actual price was 394$), also it's 683.00$ for both lenses, not per lens obviously. Here's the frame by the way: http://www.silhouette.com/us/en/eyewear/tng/4299/6053/#.

6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yeah I paid $300 for my frames. and $300 for my transition lenses. I have ~15/20 with some astigmatism in both eyes. Well I didn't really pay, I designed and built a Pergola for my optometrist and he gave them to me as payment.

7. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    :eek:

Cheese and rice! That's highway robbery!

I suppose my sister and I should be thankful we got the good genes from our Dad and have never needed glasses.

(Technically, I do...but it's because of the damage to my corneas from welding)

8. tijo

Reputations:
    That is what my last pair cost more or less, the lenses were way more expensive this time and it wasn't because of the transition layer, it's the prescription. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done about that. I'll be able to pass some of the cost to insurance, so there it that at the very least, but it won't be much.

9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Seriously, they charged for an eye exam?
    At least where I have bought my glasses they have a decency to do it for free when you buy a pair a glasses, even the cheapo ones like I did :D.

10. Patrick

Patrick I beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    Yeesh... Thats a lot for glasses. My last pair was something like 300 for the frame (I walked into lenscrafters (which is a whole other story) and asked for the lightest frame they had) and 150 for non polarized transition lenses.

Unfortunately, my VSP doesn't cover the glasses, mainly since my contacts are so horribly priced everything goes towards them.

That reminds me... time to make an optometrist appointment.