Post Your Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBRUser0159099, Dec 6, 2009.

1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Or my favorite, "Are you SURE you never purchased anything out of state via the internet? You know Craigslist is included in that."

...Yes, because most people go onto Craigslists sites for other states...

2. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    Of course.

I'm on Hawaii one all the time, looking for exotic fruit...

But seriously, how can one even imagine using words "government" (and that's *any* government) and "intelligent" in the same sentence...

3. radji

Reputations:
  4. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    ^^^^^^

Only you, radji, only you...

facepalmbear.PNG

5. radji

Reputations:
  6. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I had that yesterday. Not. A. Fan. The chicken had a weird feel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

7. Amnesiac

Amnesiac 404

Reputations:
    Honey roasted cashews. They're pretty nice, yo.

8. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    iPhone 5S, not gold. Replaces the Lumia and finally made the decision to be fully out of Windows Phone - sad day.

[​IMG]

Next up, when it's actually for sale: Xperia Z1 Compact, which will - unless there's something horribly wrong with it - be my main phone. Haven't decided which to retire and which to keep as the second-string, Z or the One (which has apart the fact that it now looks like a battered piece of crap next to the relatively intact Sony, actually not had some sort of total deal-breaker happen, as pretty much every HTC did for me).

9. radji

Reputations:
    :eek2:

How could you?!

10. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    I was weighing up the pros and cons of renewing my XBox Music sub after the current expiry, and this combined with me temporarily removing all of my music and the streaming stuff from my cloud SAN after the recent shens in parts of my private cloud made me look at all of the cloud matching services again and how things worked with the way I want media to work.

And the beta state of XBox Music on non-MS platforms allied to the alpha state of it on Microsoft platforms was kind of the final straw especially as we've waited this long after the release of W8 for it, though it does actually work more in the way that I would like my media to work than iTunes. However it's undeniable that the current Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8 apps are turds in terms of ultimate functionality and reliability in use, and Spotify (the other sub service I use) is just utter crap on WP. Within the functional limits of the W8/WP8 XBM apps, if they work, I actually find them to be pretty nice doing what little they do. But yeah - too little, too alpha, too late.

I've been dragging my feet on taking my media to iTunes because it just plays so badly with anything else, but I've lost patience with Microsoft getting their platform right. I might be back in 2015 to see what's changed but definitely not buying another Lumia this year.

The media was the final straw, but there are a whole bunch of other things that I lost patience with in WP. There's a lot WP functionality that I do like, but in all honesty I can replace those functions with a Windows tablet - which I carry anyway.

This also means I'll be back to syncing / administering my mobiles on a Mac. Can't get away from them...