Post Your Interiors

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by PatchySan, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    For us drivers we spend most of our time inside the cockpit so I thought it be interesting to share the various interior designs of the vehicles we driven. So post anything from whole interior dash setups, clocks, racing wheels to flashy headunits! So here goes... (bear in mind I drive on the right!)

2011 Porsche Cayenne S Diesel
    Information overload! Some people like this but I find it a bit too fussy. The plethora of buttons on the centre console didn't make it easy to use either.
    [​IMG]
    2011 BMW 530d GT
    Though I hate the exterior I do love the interior of this car. It just feels classy in typically Germanic fashion, the new BMW iDrive is a synch to use. Liked the TV feature while waiting in the car!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2012 Toyota Yaris
    Surprisingly good for an economy car. Lots of standard kit and a reversing camera for a car of this size! I was impressed.
    [​IMG]
    2012 Audi A3 1.6 TDI Diesel
    Simple, non-fussy dash but I like it as its easy and clear to use. Switches have a nice dampening feel and clicks to it. Plus did I mention it has awesome economy too?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2006 Volkswagen Golf MK5
    Like the Audi, simple in layout but easy to use. Some switches do feel a bit bare though. The blue dash light is soothing, but I didn't like the OEM stereo so ripped it out for a Pioneer unit with USB features. My daily driver at the moment.
    [​IMG]
    2011 Volkswagen Golf MK6
    Not much different from the previous model in terms of layout but you can feel the improved dampening on the switches and materials. I really like this interior as I can toggle things intuitively without peeling my eyes off the road. The thieves must have loved it too when they stole my car! :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    2008 Lexus RX400h
    I didn't like the hard plastic trim on the centre console as it felt a bit cheap, especially for a premium car. The footbrake didn't help matters either. Gah I can't help but feel really disappointed sitting in this car!
    [​IMG]
    2007 Honda Civic Type-S (Euro Spec)
    Haven't got much interior pics (I wish I had) but I loved the floating rev counter, the console really does make you feel like you're sitting in a spaceship. Shame they took it off on the newer (uglier) models.
    [​IMG]
    2010 Range Rover Sport
    Not much of a shot, but its "Legendary" reliability is shown here from my single day of use...
    [​IMG]
    There are others such as the Mini Cooper S, BMW 3 Series E93 Convertible, Mercedes CLK Convertible, Nissan GT-R R35 but I missed out the chance taking pics of them. Oops.

Lyndos likes this.
  2. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    I's gonna say...you don't own all those cars Hearstie, right?

3. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    It would be nice but no I don't own all the cars listed, some are rented while others are borrowed from friends. If I could keep one car though it would be the grey one...

[​IMG]

4. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    All the necessary stuff
    I snap a pic of speedo and fuel pump every time I fill up, easy to keep track on fuel consumption.
    [​IMG]

katalin_2003 likes this.
  5. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    2011 GT-R was a fun car to drive.

6. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Shame about the requirement to have actually driven the cars. The interior shots I have are almost exclusively from expensive cars but the majority were taken with the windows up, meaning nasty reflections. I like the idea of this thread though. Far too many dedicate just about all their attention to the exterior of a car.

7. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    No Tach? I know its not necessary but it sure is nice.

Here's mine, though its not as restored as I would like it. Its probably going to run me about $1,000-1,500 to get the interior into a condition that I like.

[​IMG]

See, my tach is hanging by its cable. ;) :D

8. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    There's no rev limiter so it's not needed, just ride by the ear (there's Annoying, LOUD and WAKE THE DEAD settings on the throttle). ;)
    It was introduced in later models and I wouldn't mind having one. Maybe an aftermarket one and then I'll update the pic too.

butthead and katalin_2003 like this.
  9. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    That's how I drive big rigs. Only the speed o' meter was present so one would have to listen to the subtle tones of the diesel to know when to shift.

10. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Here's my car's interior:

[​IMG]
    Did not get the Navi because it was an $1800 option. I put that money toward a tune (FlashPro) and some 18" wheels. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.