Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yotsuba, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    *Laughs in warm climate*

Fishon likes this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Laughs in free healthcare and education.

:D:D:D

But if serious, doesn't it get boring living in the same climate?

3. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Not particularly, and one can always just travel somewhere else on vacation if they want to have snow / sunshine / whatever.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I believe if anyone is honest, even too much of a good thing can turn into boring as you suggest. If one lives right at the beach, it never seems boring - which I did. Being able to reach the coastline in twenty minutes, same, and which I did. Had a boat which was a big bonus as well. But now living a little over an hour away from the beach, were you just can't take off and enjoy a sunset and the half naked women on the beach, well, it does get monotonous where I live. The changes in seasons is a wonderful thing and I often yearn for rain and some real weather here. Took a day off last week and went to the local mountains to see the snow. But would a lot of us trade our temperate weather for the hassles of snow and cold for a good portion of the year, just because it's not boring? I think I would like the change. But would all the inconveniences of bad weather and gloominess make it suck too much? dunno

Future purchase. My boy has a four year degree, but now is going for his degree in nursing. Around $80k and we've agreed to pay 35k-40k of it.

killkenny1 likes this.
  5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    I used to live by the beach. Very rarely went there. Just don't like it (I can already see your reply - bUt, BuT hAlF nAkEd LaDiEs!).
    To quote Anakin Skywalker:
    :D:D:D

We get winter for like 2 months here, so it's not all doom and gloom. And it's beautiful on a sunny day, even when it's cold. Going on a walk and then stopping for a cup of tea or coffee. Really enjoyed spending my pre-pandemic winter weekends like that. Oh, and winter during childhood was so awesome. I bet most of the kids would choose winter over summer if it weren't for all summer holidays.
    I do like how seasons change. Love autumn with golden leaves, winter with its white coat, and spring with its feeling of revival after winter (mostly due to days becoming long again). And believe it or not, I dislike summer. It's hot, I hate it. My ideal temperature is somewhere between 10-15C. I hate it when it's 28C!

Winter inconvenience? Well yeah, that's life. You either dig out your car out of the snow for half an hour, or sweat like pig because it's hot. There is always some inconvenience.

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Used to live near(ish) to the beach as well, so over time it stopped being "special" and just got sort of boring (will still like going from time to time, but meh). In contrast, grew up in an area that's several hours drive away from the mountains and would get super excited to go to the mountains. Moved there for college and absolutely loved it for those few years. Now currently living in an area roughly equidistant from both and... idk, feeling like wanting both now.

As for living in a "boring" place, it's at least very nice on your expenses and such. Property is cheap, no wildfires or earthquakes or hurricanes or whatnot to be scared of, the car will last forever because no salt on the roads during winter, so on.

7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's the whole point- no inconvenience here. I'll deal with the sand if I decide to walk on the beach and check out dem hotties, and you can deal with the snow every time you go out the door.

8. killkenny1

Reputations:
    How very out of context quotation from you.
    You also seem miss the winter lasting around 2 months where I live. Sometimes not even that or not at all. Certainly not every time I walk out of the door ;)

To each their own. I hate hot weather, I rather be it cold. But happily I will in the area which lets me enjoy and hate all seasons Earth has to offer without any natural disasters.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    For this reason (and this reason alone), sex on the beach is indeed, overrated. But it can't be as bad as in the snow. :D

[​IMG]

killkenny1 likes this.
  10. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Meh, you just need some vodka and it will alright.