Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Probably my homeowner's insurance deductible

2. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Water damage worse than you thought? Worth a claim?

3. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Not sure, and I cant get an inspector to respond back to me on my own anyway.

If its minor then it would be far less than my deductible, but if its major...

Doesnt help that it's been raining almost every day here in RTP for the last three weeks or so and that closet is right next to the fireplace.

4. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Games on the Steam Winter Sale. Probably will buy Octopath Traveler. Debating whether to buy Dark Souls, which I've never played before.

5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I think I might finally made up my mind on which UW monitor to buy. So far LG 34GK950F looks good.

Convel likes this.
  6. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Glad to see you decided against 1080p. 3440x1440 is good for scaling, while still leaving a little bit to be desired in terms of sharpness, but it's leaps and bounds better than 1080p. 21:9 2160p is obviously too resource intensive for modern game titles, especially with SLI dead.

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Well my decision is still not set in stone, so I can always rethink that 1080p option :D
    But if serious, deciding which one to get is rather hard. First I wanted to fit within 600 Euros, so there was that LG 34UC88 option, but then got thinking maybe adding 200 euros for 100 Hz (and potentially 120 Hz if panel lottery goes right) and G-Sync for Acer X34P. Then realized that Acer has often QC issues, so thought about adding another 100 for Dell AW3418DW. Same specs, but Dell quality (I have an older Dell, and the IPS panel I got is superb, hardly can see any BLB. Though my parent didn't luck out on their monitor, it has a yellow line going though the monitor on one side...), 3 year warranty and good customer support.
    And now got thinking about that LG. It has Freesync 2 and compatible with G-Sync (a lot of people confirmed that), so much more versatile in the long run, if I happen to upgrade to AMD later, and is cheaper than Dell by 50 Euros. Downside - only one year warranty, and I don't know how is their support. My parents have two LG TVs, seem fine.
    I will still wait for CES 2020, which is in one week, to see what monitor announcements there will be.

TL;DR - making decision which monitor to buy is hard.

Convel likes this.
  8. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not really a "purchase" per se, but I'm getting a warranty replacement for my Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Desktop Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse, which is the second time I've had to get a warranty replacement since buying my original product in 2017. I'm grateful for the 3-year warranty, and I like the product, but next time the product breaks, I'm likely investing in a different ergonomic mouse and keyboard setup to avoid these problems.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    RATM tickets probably.

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Aaaaaaaand all the tickets will be purchased by Live Nation. Sold out from official means in 15 seconds, with half the tickets available via resale at quadruple face value. :D

Only playing at Coachella here. Would you be going to Berlin or Prague?

killkenny1 likes this.