Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Only if it's a crazy good deal then. No way a 4k will be in that category, even for black Friday. I still think it's a waste. Only reason I could think of to upgrade is for a tv that can interface with Alexa.

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    When I first noticed this issue, I looked for a setting to change the aspect ratio, thinking it might help, but it's a Sanyo from 2010, so there's not much of a menu. Today I happened to be looking through the help files on the TV and found there's no aspect ratio setting in the menu, but there is a button on the remote. I can now change the aspect ratio, which is kind of annoying since I never had to do it before, but it fixes the problem with the XboxOne and PS4, though the PC is still off slightly. I'd prefer to watch on the PC anyway since it's more quiet than Xbox or PS4.

I'm wondering if I should just buy the 55" 1080p cause if I wait a couple years and the Sanyo finally goes, since it already has issues, I probably won't be able to get a new 1080p TV. I was also thinking of getting a new TV stand since mine's old, it has a swivel for a tube TV, but the last time I took it apart is when the Sanyo started acting up.

3. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    A house.

Made an offer tonight, they accepted, paperwork has been drawn up, and I’ve turned over due diligence and earnest money.

Convel, Fishon, Gabrielgvs and 3 others like this.
  4. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Seller signed all the paperwork, it’s official now. Just have to finalize the loan paperwork, get inspections done, etc.

Convel, Fishon, Gabrielgvs and 2 others like this.
  5. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Congrats.

I was going through the paperwork from when I bought my house a couple weeks ago. I knew the people I bought it from were not the original owners. The people they bought it from were about the right age to have built it in the 1940s, but they were not the original owners either. It's actually changed hands six or seven times. It was built in the 1940s, so it has gotten new owners every 10 to 12 years. I've been here seven years, which makes me wonder what the future holds.

6. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    TV, yes...if the price is right. But consider a wall mount instead of a large stand. You can get a swivel that comes off the wall that you can turn whichever way you want.

:vbeek:
    Woooo!
    Still in the Raleigh area? I will have to break my FB silence to look at the pics if you've posted them.

7. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Well, within the area, but not in the city itself. That’s far too expensive.

I copy-pasted a few pictures from the listing, though I don’t have any of my own.

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Is everything hooked up to the grid? The house we're going forward on (see Happy thread) has water and electricity, but it's propane and septic which is really new to us. Propane is about 25% more than natural gas, and water is not cheap in this district. Doesn't have solar but probably going to put it in.

Post some pics.

9. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Yeah, everything is city. Only oddity is that there’s also a gas connection (heating and fireplace, iirc).

I don’t have my own pictures, but I could post the listing photos.

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Yes. Like to see it. Congrats to you. I never had a house at your age.