Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Well I won't be looking like a yuppy, that's for sure! ;):D

2. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Only bad thing about biking to work is if you have to ride in the inclement weather.

Bite your tongue! Pee-wee's bike is, was, and will forever be the coolest. No disrespect to Rahsaan Bahati, but his bike is just not as awesome.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    He's got a car so he can drive on those days. Gotta hand it to him, the option of cycling to work along the riverwalk is a keen idea. Yes, Pee-Wee's bike is sweet. So, KK1, what are you looking at for purchase? I had an Olmo back in the day.

killkenny1 likes this.
  4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is how I used to bike to work when I was KK's age:

. . .right down to the color. :vbthumbsup:
    [​IMG]

5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I have to admit, full contact football and motorcycles are two activities where I felt there was a high chance of major injuries, so I more of less kept away from the two. I recall riding a Harley and the light turned red on a hill. For a while, I couldn't make the darn thing go upright to take off again. Too much machine for me. While I appreciate them, no thank you.

6. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's definitely a huge risk any time you ride. Much less so back then I think, with far fewer vehicles on the road, and at seemingly better driving habits. My wife hates them, so I stopped riding when we got married. I wouldn't ride anymore regardless. Aside from the traffic issues, I can't imagine riding without the razor-sharp reflexes I had as a kid. It's funny though. Every time I renew my driver's license I make sure that they retain my motorcycle endorsement. :rolleyes:

7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    My dad has an old Soviet racing bicycle which looks very similar. The one in the video looks like it would cost more than my car :D
    Personally I'm gonna go for a mountain bike, just because they are pretty sturdy and I drive like a madman.
    And you are correct, in bad weather I can always drive a car (or take a bus one way (which I often do, since it's also usually faster during workdays, because of their dedicated bus lanes), and then a taxi for the other way (company I work for covers a taxi trip once per shift)), and then on sunny days enjoy a bicycle ride.

/before opening the spoiler
    *it's gonna be a motorbike, isn't it.
    /opens the spoiler
    *yup, it's a motorbike, how unpredictable. Just like Top Gear jokes :D

Motorbike would be cool to have, and I'm thinking about getting a license in the future (maybe even next summer, although it depends on how I decide on other license), but owning one right now is quite low on the list.

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  9. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    More tattoos :D

10. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Blackberry Key2.

I've had the KeyOne since it was released and I absolutely cannot wait for the updated version to be released June 7.