Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Seriously considering getting a reman iPod touch (5th Gen) to use at the gym. Each equipment has its own 12" LCD screen and an Apple connector. I can stream TV from the PS Vue app thru the iPod to the screen!@!!@@!@! :elvis:
    Dunno. My Surface can be always on and connected until it runs out of battery. Not as thin as an iPad (Android tablets go from anorexic to obese), but I cannot argue with desktop functionality and the ability to run full versions of Office and Adobe Creative cloud. Only leg up iPad will always have is that Apple Pencil. Damn thing is just like using a real pencil.

I, however, see MS shying away from ARM at the first sign of trouble. They had such a bad experience with Windows RT, I was surprised they are making a second attempt.

2. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I go back and forth on what I'm going to do when my SP2 dies. On one hand, it was really expensive for a tablet, but on the other hand, having pretty much a full laptop in tablet form has spoiled me.

3. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Alright gentlemen and ladies! I need a recommendation on a hard drive enclosure that works well with a Macbook Pro. The Killer of Macbooks has 150GB of photos and no more space on her SSD. I have a spare 2.5" hard drive. Conjure it's cheaper to get a hard drive enclosure than an OWC SSD.

4. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Early benchmarks don't inspire great confidence, unfortunately. We'll see when the build reaches RTM.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Windo...-shows-a-big-hit-in-performance.266624.0.html

5. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Possibly a desktop mic.

6. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    My 2014 XV Crosstrek's Michelin Premier A/S tires are close to the 2/32" mark. Debating what tire I want next. I was considering the Michelin Defender T+H as they have a 80-90k mileage warranty. My Premiers have gotten the 60k mark at tires and I've been very happy. I was also looking at Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus which also has like a 75k warranty. I've not bought Bridgestone before, my last set of Potenza RE070's were SCARY in the rain, it was like doggone slicks in the rain.

7. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    I think it might be time for a 120+Hz monitor. I keep seeing them at work and it's getting to me.

Convel likes this.
  8. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Never mind. Time to replace my mobo.

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
  10. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Crisis averted, problem was with unexpected component that cost nothing to replace. Back to monitor shopping.