Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    If they weren't going to put the effort in, we wouldn't be talking about it now.
    Especially given the money they lost and the negative PR around Windows RT, for MS to try again at getting a viable ARM-based OS means they're very serious about it.

It's by no means guaranteed but with Qualcomm and a range of Windows OEMs on board, Windows on ARM could be pretty big.
    I for one would love an always-connected Windows tablet as thin and light as an Android tablet or iPad.

2. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Seriously considering getting a reman iPod touch (5th Gen) to use at the gym. Each equipment has its own 12" LCD screen and an Apple connector. I can stream TV from the PS Vue app thru the iPod to the screen!@!!@@!@! :elvis:
    Dunno. My Surface can be always on and connected until it runs out of battery. Not as thin as an iPad (Android tablets go from anorexic to obese), but I cannot argue with desktop functionality and the ability to run full versions of Office and Adobe Creative cloud. Only leg up iPad will always have is that Apple Pencil. Damn thing is just like using a real pencil.

I, however, see MS shying away from ARM at the first sign of trouble. They had such a bad experience with Windows RT, I was surprised they are making a second attempt.

3. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I go back and forth on what I'm going to do when my SP2 dies. On one hand, it was really expensive for a tablet, but on the other hand, having pretty much a full laptop in tablet form has spoiled me.