Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Definitely try the 3D feature when you get it. Compared to the older hardware, it's pretty awesome. The face-tracking camera actually works. Personally, I think the Super Famicom version looks better, but that was only available in Japan, unfortunately.

On subject, I might look into picking up either a Google WiFi or another OnHub. The Apple Airport routers are nice, but they definitely show their age and are kind of a pain in the ass to manage sometimes.

[​IMG]

2. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:

Funny how larger spaces tend to accumulate more. I didn't believe it until I moved into a house from my apartment.

HTWingNut likes this.
  3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    The interior of our house could be on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens at any given time. We just pick up after ourselves and clean it up to its original state if we create a mess. Voila!

[​IMG]

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Fishon likes this.
  5. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    You're aware that Windows on ARM is MS's work?
    They're partnering with Qualcomm due to their ubiquity as an ARM SoC OEM but the software side is 100% MS, nothing 'hackintosh-y' about it.

6. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Oh, I know Microsoft is partnering with Qualcomm on this. Was mentioned in the article. I use the word hackintosh to signify the fact that Windows is being ran on an emulated x86. I know MS and Qualcomm are working together to get it running at nearly full speed, but I still can't see MS putting the required effort into this project to make it viable. DLLs and WOW would need to be recoded to natively run on ARM64, and an x86/x64 to ARM CPU emulator would need to be developed. To run a Windows environment in real time, that would have to be one heck of an emulator...

...then again, if a PS4 and XBOX One can be emulated on x86, then I suppose anything is possible.

Fishon likes this.
  7. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Um.....PS4 and Xbox One aren't emulated on x86, they actually are x86 platforms.

Convel and Jarhead like this.
  8. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    And so is the OG Xbox! In hindsight, M$ would have done better to keep the X360 on x86 from a backwards compatibility standpoint. But hey, RPCS3 and Xenia have grown quite a bit. Actual emulation may be resource-heavy, but it's definitely not impossible.

9. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's about how it used to work. Once the kid's ability to clean reaches/surpasses the ability to create messes, I see it going back to that state. Or maybe I'm being optimistic.

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Went to my three year old nephew's b-day party yesterday. They rented the big jumper, pinata, a dude dressed up as Micky Mouse, gift bags, catered food, and of course all the kids jacked up on cake and candy. At least we were watching some football on their outdoor TV and I was drinking some exceptional champagne. But all and all, not fun.

Starting to shop around for my Xmas cigars...:D

It will never come to that, but at least our boy doesn't make big messes and we've trained him to clean up well enough were we just touch it up afterwards. Even myself after cooking, I never get to where my wife is completely happy, but I'll do the major cleaning and she'll follow up with the detailing. We hire a maid to come every other month to do a complete up and down detailing on the house.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    HTWingNut likes this.