Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  2. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've got that part in the bag. I keep one part of the house for entertaining spotless, but also don't really do much in there so it's easy to pick up. Then when we have people over, I just close the doors to the parts of the house I actually use. Gets the "how do you keep your house so clean" comments every time.

HTWingNut likes this.
  3. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    A space heater. Mine just crapped out. :(

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Never use one since the electricity to power one costs so much more than natural gas, but it depends on your situation.

5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Ha! I don't have doors. My whole main floor is an open floor plan, except for the den.

6. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    We keep the upstairs (bedrooms, kitchen, living room) clean and then most of our time in the house is spent in the basement. The main room has gym stuff at one end, TV and related stuff in the middle, and hobbies/workbenches/my gaming rig on the other end. That's pretty much always a mess for one reason or another.

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    I have 3 floors. Lower floor, which you could consider a walkout basement, is a full on one bedroom apartment (full kitchen, full bath, laundry room, bedroom, living room, dining room, large walk in closet) and my mom moved in there. My main floor is open with typical living space: kitchen, living room, dining room, family room, den (only room with a door). And upstairs are the bedrooms. I won't even bother to describe the disaster that ensues up there all the time. I guess it's all relative. Go in the bedroom floor then down on the main floor, and it doesn't seem so bad, lol.

8. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of stuff about it.

Apparently MS demonstrated Photoshop on a Snapdragon 820 about a year ago, in which case devices that hit the market using an 835 SoC, or maybe even an 845, would perform even better.
    I would do some gaming on it but nothing particularly taxing - probably mostly emulated Android games, plus some old RTS titles like Red Alert. That along with MS Office, some occasional photo editing and general tasks like web browsing.

Battery life and connectivity are definitely important, as long as certain other specs are up to scratch - screen resolution, storage capacity and decent pen support.
    That's my issue with the LTE Surface Pro, it's only available with a 256GB SSD.

9. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    New Nintendo 3DS XL, SNES version

[​IMG]

HTWingNut, Datamonger and radji like this.
  10. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    No, no, and NO! I don't care how well the Snapdragon emulates x86. Lawsuit threats and architecture comparison aside, Qualcomm is essentially trying to hackintosh Windows onto their processors. It is laughable to consider it a viable alternative to x86, especially since Windows is built to that specific architecture. M$ would have to recode the Windows source code to natively run on ARM if they are seriously into using Snapdragons to run Windows. And that means two different versions of Windows would need to be developed and supported with each major release. Do we really see Microsoft going down that road? :biglaugh:

Fishon likes this.