Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    That thing should be easy to do nearly anything on yourself. I'd buy a set of tools from homedepot and hit youtube.

2. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Whats everyone's opinion of Sprint? I have 3 iPhone's on AT&T with 10GB of data for $215/month. With the deals Sprint has right now that'd be $157/month for 3 iPhones.

3. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    Don't.

Sprint outright sucks. The worst service - in every meaning of the word - out of all big carriers.

4. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    I think Sprint might have bent aj over a barrel on more than one occasion.

I'm with Sprint right now. Their coverage is slowly getting better. And they're desperate to keep customers from leaving, so they keep coming up with lower plans. All the makings for a great taking advantage of or a complete butt ramming in the customer sense.

5. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    No, not really. I've just seen enough of their cell sites in person to last me a few lifetimes. They are - by far - the cheapest dastards when it comes to building the network.

I do agree, but the key word here is "slowly". Catching up with the leaders of the pack is unlikely to happen - ever - unless they dump a *ton* of money...which I doubt that they have.

I would argue that in most - not all - cases one can get a better plan and definitely better coverage (AT&T/VZW) from the third party re-sellers such as Straight Talk...

6. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Unlike T-Mobile's sites around my area which needs to have landscaping to hide the tower and an arborist to maintain all of the plants and trees.

Now, now. Sprint has Japanese overlords now. Maybe the shogun will take pity and shell out more money for Sprint to utilize all that spectrum it's sitting on top of.

Only thing available 3rd party in this area are Virgin Mobile or Cricket Wireless. You go right on ahead and take your pick of either of those.

No other MVNO's are present in my area.

7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Roland TD-1KV
    Not actually a planned future purchase, rather a wishlist item. Would be nice to have such thing at home. It even comes with "gangsta" preset. Sold!

8. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After asking everyone I know who has Sprint service, the consensus seems to be no complaints around major cities but crappy everywhere else. I guess I have to decide if I really travel outside of my area enough for it to matter. My cousin has had Sprint for 8 years and had no complaints but he moved literally 10 miles from the city and now has to have a signal booster.

9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    At the 1:07 mark...wait for it.

killkenny1 likes this.
  10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    ^^^A buddy of mine already has a synt.