Post your FUTURE purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Datamonger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    Me personally, I NEED pen input - hence why I'm not interested in that (and am still waiting for a true successor). So that's really what it boils down to.
    The Tablet 2 I've discovered has exceptionally slow storage (for writes) even among Clover Trails, so that bugs me pretty much every day - but it's not totally unbearable. Bay Trails seem to exhibit this issue less, though storage still isn't anywhere near SATA speeds.

2. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I won't buy anything without first seeing a frequency response graph. You're right; it may in fact touch 25hz (which really isn't all that low to begin with for a sub), but what I always want to know is the efficiency at that frequency.

3. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    I appreciate the offer, but I do want to go new (or about as new as these things come) so I at least have the factory warranty. The only reasons I didn't consider the BIC America is because it's a bit too pricy for my dwindling budget (didn't want to spend more than $150), but more importantly it's a 475 watt sub so it will take considerable more power than the Onkyo from the outlet. And even with the Onkyo, there may be an issue with overdrawing amps on that circuit.

4. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Budget is understandable. The Bic does go on sale from time to time to around 150, but no one knows when that'll happen next. And I'm thankful that I've not had to use the warranty for my Onkyo receiver, I've heard horrible things from a lot of people about their "warranty". That BIC comes with a solid 5 year warranty. In my humble opinion, I'd prefer to see you wait an extra month or whatever to get the budget for the BIC. I also understand wanting something ASAP though! Like I said, we all start somewhere with this stuff. Onkyo isn't a bad place to start!

Remember that 475W is the peak wattage. That means that if you've got it cranked up and there's a huge hit, you might pull close to that. My sub is plugged into an Outlet with a mini fridge and I've never tripped a circuit :thumbsup: although, I can get the ceiling fan lights to dim in my living room :p

5. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    R33 GT-R and GTS-T are 100% legal for import, but then you have to deal with EPA/NHTSA for emissions/safety testing. By importing the 25 year old ones, you don't have to jump through hoops and loops and possibly have the govt say your car is contraband, we'll take it.

6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yeah I had my 1800W subwoofer plugged into my kill-a-watt and the highest I ever saw it hit was ~600 watts. It was so loud I had to pause it with my remote to put my head down there to adjust it, and I was knocking stuff over inside my cupboards. It was on the same circuit as everything else in my room(including a full sized fridge).

7. hizzaah

Reputations:
    Nice sub! I've not heard or seen one in person, but it has had my attention for quite a while. Too bad it costs as much as my 5 speakers together lol. I'm also intrigued by SVS's cylinder subs, but they're a bit of an eye sore imo..

8. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I ended up selling it as it was MUCH to large for my space. I had it in my small room that is only about 10x13 feet. I had to keep it turned down to about 10-15% to even use it. I purchased it used for $350 so I just put it on ebay and over doubled my money.

9. hizzaah

Reputations:
    That's kinda where I'm at. My sub is way too big for my space right now so I barely get to use it (especially with my current neighbors. They're cranky), but I plan on moving in the next year. Figure since I got such a great deal on my setup, I should hold out for a while to see where I end up.

10. hizzaah

Reputations:
    Amazon has the Corsair Graphite 600T on sale for $120. If it's still on sale at the end of the week, I might have to pick it up and commit to building a desktop. They also have the 4670k for $210. An Ivy quad is $180, a Haswell quad is $190 so the unlocked 4670k seems like a decent deal. To stay under budget though, I'd have to get everything else (mobo, Gpu, memory, cpu cooler, BR) for ~670. Doable?