Post what you would LIKE to purchase (but likely won't)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kyle, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A high-end compact digital camera.

One reason is that I can't decide on one to get (many to consider from Fujifilm, Panasonic, Sony, and Canon mainly), another is I'm not sure how much I'd realistically use it, another is I'm afraid new models are imminent.

So it's something I think about but will probably not buy any time soon. I said the same thing months ago.

Oh yeah, and I want some Fendi slides. But I guess those aren't "reasonable" :p

hmscott likes this.
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    You've got to be joking, right? Plenty of high end fashion I personally would never buy, but I can still see the 'value' others see in it. No doubt these are quality made. But I see nothing beyond a high end fashion statement, and a douchey one at that. What on earth do you see in these? :nah:

[​IMG]

3. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ever since I realized I practically live in slides during the summer (I have a couple pairs by other brands), I decided wanted to get some more and I'd rather get some made in Italy than made in China. Those aren't necessarily my top choice, but they're in the running (I'd probably go with the off-white ones because I think the off-white and the leather look better together). :D

hmscott likes this.
  4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Yes, the functionality I can understand. But why not go with a surf line like Billabong, Quiksilver, or Rip Curl? The Fendi's are so ostentatious. And they're priced over $300 (or is this the real reason, as the others are just too 'ordinary' and you wouldn't be making a 'statement').

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  5. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Those slides look incredibly heavy (for a pair of sandals) and uncomfortable. Then again, I'm also a Birkenstock kind of person and have been told that I dress like a lesbian in her late 30's, so my fashion advice is probably best left ignored.

Fishon, hmscott, Kyle and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    $300 to you is like $30 to Ichy.
    So, you should ask if they would be worth it to you for $30.

hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Those leather+white slides are my favorite's too, and would go nicely with a nice pair of Fendi White and / or Coach White / Gold Sunglasses.

Ichinenjuu and Kyle like this.
  8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    300 bucks for slides, umad?!?
    That's like 80% of my rent... For slides...
    Holy hell! :D

Kyle and hmscott like this.
  9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    You missed by major point that they look so ostentatious, gaudy, and douchey. Whenever a high end brand plasters their brand name in such an manner, I immediately believe someone is just trying to show off their wares. If it's incorporated in a classy way, I have no problem with it. Price was a secondary component of what I was stating. And if the superior quality would be the factor, again, no problem. Also, I'm sure Itchy has a substantial trust fund given to him by his parents, but beyond this I seriously doubt he's amassed a net worth and has obtained an income level equal to mine. If they were a pair of lets say Farragamo shoes, I'd have no problem purchasing them myself, nor would I have brought this observation up with Itchy.

Nick and Convel like this.
  10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    So what fashion statement do you want to make by wearing Hawaiian shirts - midlife crisis?
    :D:D:D

Convel, Kyle and Fishon like this.