Portege R700 - the thin and light 13.3"

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by theawddone, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saaaaa

Saaaaa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow!!!, I cant wait for your review!, photos, battery life.....

How much does the power adaptor weight?

2. shaba230

shaba230 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You apple people are hilarious tards. Hang out with some friends that have money and expensive things. You'll see that people that can afford expensive things don't stress out about harming them to the point where it hinders their use. You buy something to use it, having to buy something else to protect it because you couldn't REALLY afford the original product in the first place since you're so worried about messing it up...well, to you I say thanks for contributing to consumer spending.

I can't wait for a review of this machine though, give us some info two_energy_drinks!!

3. Gamermatt

Gamermatt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There are a few reviews out there if you google around. Im debating over picking an r705 up from bestbuy tomorrow or waiting for toshiba to sell the r705 directly from their site, to get the 4 yr warranty included... and 1 guy was saying how the one at BB has a trubrite screen and not a matte finish, and i want it to be matte... :/

Im just wondering if i should wait and see if they sell the r705 from toshibadirect without glossy screen anytime soon...

4. TrueBlueKew

TrueBlueKew Newbie

Reputations:
    Saw the R705 at my local BB today. svelte... sleek... slick... sexy... Just very clean... Streamlined but defintely not boring. Just clean lines and every bit as sharp looking as it appears online. I worried that the blue finish would look cheap and dissapoint, but it looks good.

I'm not sure if anyone answered yet but someone asked about the bottom. It's a black plastic, though it doesn't appear cheap or flimsy. I know there's dessension to be had with the intergrated graphics, but as far as build quality goes nothing appears cheap or flimsy about this laptop. It definitely runs cool.

The screen is glossy, but somehow (in the world renowned) BB lighting, it didn't seem to reflect quite as bad as some of the other laptops. Maybe I was just busy being mesmorized by how slick and sleek it looked, but the screen somewhat reminded me of the anti-glare coating on a Kuro, albeit to a lessor degree and without the purple tint.

This is my (gulp), first foray into laptops. I'm hoping someone here might be able to share their knowledge on Wireless LAN...

The R705 shows an Intel 802.11 a/g/n wireless lan, while the R700 shows an Intel Centrino Advanced-N6200 (802.11a/g/n). I know the R705 allows WIDI, but is the Centrino Advanced-N6200 going to be significantly faster?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    B

5. jinxianfei

jinxianfei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Haha, I found it on BB website. Thank you very much for your notification. By the way, I have a problem to open your link directly. I searched and found it in the website.
    This is the link I found it

Toshiba - Portege Laptop / Intel® Core™ i3 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 500GB Hard Drive - Blue - R705-P25

6. Gamermatt

Gamermatt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  7. Gamermatt

Gamermatt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ok so yea, all r700 models have a trubrite display as the r705 does :/

8. zeth006

zeth006 Traveler

Reputations:
    Trubright...didn't we see those like...back in 2003?

9. shaba230

shaba230 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Seems like all the reviews I found are of people that don't have the actual unit and the ones that had the actual unit performed no tests whatsoever on the unit itself. They just talked about aesthetics and specs

10. Gamermatt

Gamermatt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    All the laptops now 'adays seem to have it actually.

OK im actually gonna go head on over to best buy right now with a friend and check it out. Ill probably end up buying it tonight and let u guys know how it is :D!!! No more crappy 15" hp 4 year old laptop that heats up after 1 min of use! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.