Portal 2 has been released!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Phistachio, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree_Burner

Tree_Burner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I run maxed everything, no lag. 5850 is good enough. Don't know the FPS though.

2. Star Forge

Star Forge Quaggan's Creed Redux!

Reputations:
    Yeah I can easily run it on the 5870M with no stuttering at any kind and the game looks very stunning. Compared to Half Life 2, Portal 2 looks like it is using a totally new engine. That tells you the testament to how Source over the last half a decade can still adapt on graphics without significantly boosting the specifications. I believe Portal 2 is the latest iteration to Source's flagship as a game engine (with TF 2 the previous flagship).

I am also at Chapter 6. Every time I felt the game ended, there is always a new twist! :D

3. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    Vicious is doing a marathon and is probably finished by now :p

4. thisisdom

thisisdom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Love this game so far :)

I get around 70-80 fps on my 3 GB nvidia 555m (900p)

5. Tree_Burner

Tree_Burner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Lots of hate for the DLC in this game. Metacritics reviews are at a 96 for reviewers and 59 for consumers... every one is whining at how much the NON-Important DLC's, cost...

Also lots of hate because of the length. I don't think they realize there is an editor to be released sometime, or that there's co-op.

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I think people are bitter in general because of the false perception that Portal 2 was going to be released over the weekend, the crappy award for the 36 potatoes, cheaper pricing at launch opposed to pre-order, and other minor quibbles.

So far though I am liking the game, just a little too same-same as Portal 1 but I haven't progressed very far yet.

7. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    Just a friendly reminder:
    Use spoiler tags if you want to talk about the plot! I'm still loading and probably will be for another few days...I don't want to read anything! :p

8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Good point, yes please use spoiler tags. I will be taking my time because, well, I have to and don't want it ruined. I've avoided any spoilers so far.

9. spaghetticheese

spaghetticheese Notebook Smasher

Reputations:
    LOL at my ENTIRE Steam friendslist being on Portal 2. I can't play it for another day yet :(

10. bks1987

bks1987 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    technically they are not DLCs. They are more of microtransaction items like in TF2. And you can find them in game just like in TF2; and most importantly, they are all OPTIONAL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.