**Popular & Useful Threads including Vaio Z2 Useful Guides/Resources, VPC Z1 FAQ and Windows 7 Install guides**

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by John Ratsey, Apr 30, 2008.

1. beaups

beaups New Jack Hustler

Reputations:
    I still cannot for the life of me understand why people would spend hours and hours trying to shave 10 seconds off their boot time. You'd have to boot several times a day for years and years to ever get your time back.

2. ceffect

ceffect Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One day beaups, you'll understand: "If only I had shaved off those extra 10 seconds from my boot time to save that persons life" or animal, or even just change your mind on what you ordered for dinner that one time..

3. beaups

beaups New Jack Hustler

Reputations:
    ^touche'

4. MANOJa

MANOJa Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can somebody help me on this -

5. ExMM

ExMM Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was looking for the Vaio NW disassemble guide!!

Thank you so much!!

Awesome post!!

6. bush8989

bush8989 Newbie

Reputations:
    NOt sure where to post this but how would I find the value of a used sony vaio model pcg 2f2l windows 7 home premium pentium dual core 2.5 ghz 4 gig ram 64 bit

7. voinea

voinea Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i know that is here since I found it few weeks ago. I need to see thread about downgrading VAIO 13 Pro from win8 to Win 7 . Thank you .

8. erdosain9

erdosain9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello.I have a sony vaio vpcsc1afm... and i want to do a clean install of windows. What guide i have to follow??? thanks!

9. Limpy

Limpy Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for this nice guide folks !

10. Fungus99

Fungus99 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hs anybody notice the excessively grainy matte coating (1080p display) to be extremely distracting especially when viewing a white background. Would it be possible to scrub off the coating but without damaging the display.

No be honest, I don't know what Sony were thinking by ruining a brilliant LCD by giving it a matte finish yet still being very susceptible to reflection with poor outdoor sun legibility.

I'm also having lag issues with typing within a browser (currently using Chrome), like I am when typing up this post.
    I find the that the longer I type, the worse the key input gets to the point where to the point word only shows up on the screen after finish typing.

Another problem is from time to time, I'll be getting this error after turning on the system. While I can still access the home screen and fix repair it by clicking on the pop up message, I'm worried as to why the error always comes back after being restored/repaired.

Attached Files: