**Popular & Useful Threads including Vaio Z2 Useful Guides/Resources, VPC Z1 FAQ and Windows 7 Install guides**

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by John Ratsey, Apr 30, 2008.

1. arif.mmohd

arif.mmohd Newbie

Reputations:
    Sony Z owners Thread
    link is not working please check it

2. varogh

varogh Newbie

Reputations:
    Any link link with procedure for clean Win 7 install for AW series?

3. ilfuca

ilfuca Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. redius

redius Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    any guide for a fresh win7 on vaio tx series ? i got a tx92ps notebook and i cant find any driver even if i dot need the graphic sound or wifi driver ,i still need the FN and AV mode driver anyone can help me please?

5. KryptoniteBoy

KryptoniteBoy Newbie

Reputations:
    please help .... same problem , i got vaio VGN-CS36MJ . i just upgrade to Win 7 and the control area NOT WORKING!! . so enyone can help me with that ??

6. wkhan69

wkhan69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi

I'm new here, and I'm not sure where to post my hardware questions regarding my sony vaio Z series i5 laptop. The forum "Sony Vaio Z i5/i7 Official Owners Thread" says not to enter new threads there, so I'm not sure if it is just one long running thread or whether people can post replies on any topic dealing with Z series i5/i7. Please help!

Thanks,
    Will

7. Rachel

Rachel Busy Bee

Reputations:
    The owners lounge is for specific models and not a place to create support related threads. Those threads can be started in the main Sony forum. If you own the Z then you can post in the Z owners lounge or start your own support thread in the main Sony forums.

8. vpi777

vpi777 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I have installed Windows 7 on my VAIO VGN-BX41VN, but the Fn keys do not work. The screen seems to be definitely darker than with XP before (and it cannot be adjusted by Fn keys of course). This issue is very frustrating for me - can it be solved?

(I ask you here, because I could not find any BX forums here.)

Thank you for your help in advance,

vpi777

9. beomsu21

beomsu21 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just picked up a new SB series, actually second vaio notebook since over 7 years ago. I had a few notebooks previously and recently I had a AW M11x and I was able to optimize the boot time and reduce the amount of unneeded processes running in the background.
    My current bootime time from power button pressed to logging in the computer is about 43 seconds, but then it takes about another 10 seconds to see windows load up and start menu/background appear/internet available.
    I ordered fresh start from Sony so all I have is basically the Vaio care , messenger and a few other things.

My previous M11x had a complete boottime of 48 seconds. Power button to accessing internet with about 56 processes running.

My vaio SB has a complete boot time of about 53 second from power button to accessing internet and this is with about 85-90 processes running.
    With my new Vaio being quite faster and newer, I was thinking it would be quicker, but its actually slower.

Vaio SB set up.
    i7 -2620m 2.7ghz
    500gb 7200rpm
    4gb mem
    6630 AMD Radeon 1gb

M11x setup
    SU7300 1.73 dual core
    500gb 7200rpm
    4gb mem
    nvidia 335m 1gb

my main question is are there any links for optimization to reduce unnecessary processes, increase boot time, maybe uninstall certain programs or change some settings?

This might pertain not just to SB but maybe many other vaios.

10. STheory

STheory Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: