Poll - Do you like your Windows 10 upgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Apollo13, Aug 3, 2015.

?

Do you like your Windows 10 upgrade?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2015.
  1. Yes, I like it

25 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No, I don't like it

18 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. I haven't tried Windows 10's final release, I just like to vote in polls

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollo13

Apollo13 100% 16:10 Screens

Reputations:
    A poll to gauge the NBR reaction to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Open for 1 month so it's soon-after-upgrade and not indefinite.

2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
  3. Krane

Krane Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just installed it a few minutes ago. Really too soon to tell but so far, so good. New IE for W10 too.

4. Hidef1080

Hidef1080 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Vote early, vote often. I'm American so what can I say?

I have not upgraded. I think I'll get Windows 10 when I buy a new computer but I'll keep 7 and 8.1 on my older laptops until they are no longer supported.

5. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I have to, as of now, say Hell No! I am giving it some time but its days are numbered unless M$ comes out and commits to fixing it properly. People using their PC's for Photo/Video productivity will get their workflow interrupted. My guess is there are other workflow issues as well interrupted but I am not familiar with those.

Edge may be fine on a phone but for a wide screen tablet or PC it is simply put plain junk. Metro apps lack allot of functionality compared to Android apps. Every time I turn around I am finding some other issue.

The worst part is I can not count on M$ fixing these issues. I can't even count on them thinking it is an issue as they may be looking at it as their idea of improved functionality. Another question is will new PC's, and/or installations, have the legacy apps and if so then how long will M$ keep and support those? Will M$ ever realize that drivers need to be done by the OEM's not controlled by them? Just too many problems and questions as of right now!

Mr. Fox and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  6. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    Will probably give it a try tonight or later this week, on a secondary SSD, and just dual boot.

7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    When I first installed it, I love it! The problem is, within 3 days, the amount of quirks, lack of control, automatic driver updates, basic OS functionality not working, one after the other just kept pushing me over the edge until I finally got fed up and formatted....

Good luck

hmscott likes this.
  8. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Oh, I do not want to hear I was against it since day one, every PC of mine is 100% Windows 10 right now. I am not touching Linux etc.. I am trying to give it every chance, and I was hopeful at first, but I feel like it just keeps kicking me in the groin every chance it gets.

Edit; If I pay money for example Adobe CC I want it to be able to import, browse edit and do all household chores not have some POS metro app try and take over! I have canon utilities for a reason for my expensive Canon equipment, will M$ refund me my money for it ? M$ WAKE UP!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    I really like it, in both the tablet context and the desktop context (and the fact that a single OS can do well in both contexts is great). It's my favorite version of Windows to date, by a country mile.

10. pitz

pitz Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It seems dramatically faster on my hardware. I agree with others, wish there was a way of turning *all* of the metro stuff off and essentially being left with a fancy Windows 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.