Poll - Do you like your Windows 10 upgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Apollo13, Aug 3, 2015.

?

Do you like your Windows 10 upgrade?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2015.
  1. Yes, I like it

25 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No, I don't like it

18 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. I haven't tried Windows 10's final release, I just like to vote in polls

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollo13

Apollo13 100% 16:10 Screens

Reputations:
    A poll to gauge the NBR reaction to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Open for 1 month so it's soon-after-upgrade and not indefinite.

2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  3. Krane

Krane Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just installed it a few minutes ago. Really too soon to tell but so far, so good. New IE for W10 too.

4. Hidef1080

Hidef1080 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Vote early, vote often. I'm American so what can I say?

I have not upgraded. I think I'll get Windows 10 when I buy a new computer but I'll keep 7 and 8.1 on my older laptops until they are no longer supported.

5. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I have to, as of now, say Hell No! I am giving it some time but its days are numbered unless M$ comes out and commits to fixing it properly. People using their PC's for Photo/Video productivity will get their workflow interrupted. My guess is there are other workflow issues as well interrupted but I am not familiar with those.

Edge may be fine on a phone but for a wide screen tablet or PC it is simply put plain junk. Metro apps lack allot of functionality compared to Android apps. Every time I turn around I am finding some other issue.

The worst part is I can not count on M$ fixing these issues. I can't even count on them thinking it is an issue as they may be looking at it as their idea of improved functionality. Another question is will new PC's, and/or installations, have the legacy apps and if so then how long will M$ keep and support those? Will M$ ever realize that drivers need to be done by the OEM's not controlled by them? Just too many problems and questions as of right now!

Mr. Fox and Ultra Male like this.
  6. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    Will probably give it a try tonight or later this week, on a secondary SSD, and just dual boot.

7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    When I first installed it, I love it! The problem is, within 3 days, the amount of quirks, lack of control, automatic driver updates, basic OS functionality not working, one after the other just kept pushing me over the edge until I finally got fed up and formatted....

Good luck

hmscott likes this.
  8. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Oh, I do not want to hear I was against it since day one, every PC of mine is 100% Windows 10 right now. I am not touching Linux etc.. I am trying to give it every chance, and I was hopeful at first, but I feel like it just keeps kicking me in the groin every chance it gets.

Edit; If I pay money for example Adobe CC I want it to be able to import, browse edit and do all household chores not have some POS metro app try and take over! I have canon utilities for a reason for my expensive Canon equipment, will M$ refund me my money for it ? M$ WAKE UP!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Ultra Male likes this.
  9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    I really like it, in both the tablet context and the desktop context (and the fact that a single OS can do well in both contexts is great). It's my favorite version of Windows to date, by a country mile.

10. pitz

pitz Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It seems dramatically faster on my hardware. I agree with others, wish there was a way of turning *all* of the metro stuff off and essentially being left with a fancy Windows 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.