1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green VS Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Red_Dragon, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Which one did you guys like more? Im playing fire red right now and i love it

I stopped playing Pokemon games after Pokemon gold came out waaayyy back when so for those who have played these games which one did you like better?

2. narsnail

narsnail Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    lol I always played the emulators on my comp, gotta love em.

I usually played yellow, or gold or silver, i think it just got stupid after that.

3. joshthor

joshthor 100% Crazy Sauce

Reputations:
    i like fire red. i only play pokemon when im on a road trip though, or camping.

4. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    thanks guys yeah im thinking about getting a netbook for the main purpose of playing ROMs and using my 7811 obviously for high end gaming :D

yeah pokemon is a GREAT way to make time fly by lol some times im playing fire red and like 3 hours flys by i like it because every single person who plays pokemon has a different strategy/pokemon

5. Ghold

Ghold Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    who doesn't like pokemon? come on, if your ashamed of it, then get over it. Every one played pokemon, as for the Emulators, they are great when you don't have any internet and such, or on the move in like a car or plane. When ever i go for a long car trip, it mostly consist of playing them or figuring out how to play Dwarf Fortress

6. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    i have a question is there ANYWAY to play pokemon via ROM and some how play multiplayer online? Thats my only gripe i want to face live people of course im only about to get my 5th badge as i only had it a couple of days on my ipod touch :D

Im definitely not ashamed to admit it, besides being older i hate when people say to others "you still play pokemon?" Lol thats funny to me they can be ignorant but they are missing out on a hell of a game not that anyone tells me that *clenches fist* :D

7. unknown555525

unknown555525 rawr

Reputations:
    I used to play Pokémon yellow, and red on my old fat grey Game boy when I was 8. Pokemon Silver & crystal when I was 9 on my newer gameboy color. And lastly I owned Ruby for the GBA when I was 12. And that's about it. It's surprising how much the games didn't change. From what I remember, they would add like 3-4 extra pokémon, mix up a few of the missions, and rebrand the games as something entirely new. The games weren't that bad of RPG's. But I haven't played one in at least 5 years.. My verdict is that they're all basically the same, just ruby/sapphire I remember being alot longer.

8. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    hm i guess everyone is different i never realized i would have got so hooked back on the games then i played Fire Red and im like man what have i been missing? Im interested in getting Ruby or Sapphire after THEN getting Diamond/Pearl

9. Darth Bane

Darth Bane Dark Lord of the Sith

Reputations:
    i loved playing pokemon. However, i couldnt stand playing the roms of it. For some reason I "need" to have the gameboy feel in order for me to play it, lol.

10. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
    i loved playing pokemon back when i was 8-10 years old. i would not enjoy it today. i played the red, yellow, and the silver.

11. crash

crash NBR Assassin Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The first pokemon game I played was the blue version. That's the one I have fondest memories of and that's my favorite. I always picked squirtle as my starting pokemon haha :)

12. SymphonyX

SymphonyX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just downloaded gPSP (GBA Emulator) for my PSP and I'm playing Emerald and FireRed. Last Pokemon I played and finished was Yellow for the GameBoy Color which was like 10 years ago when I was still small. Even wasted all my money on Pokemon cards back then.

Thank God I can do something on my PSP again. Most of the PSP games bore me. I just end up playing PS1 games on it or playing movies and mp3s.

13. Manic Penguins

Manic Penguins [+[ ]=]

Reputations:
    The good thing about an emulator is that you can use frame skip which speeds the game up. That was one thing I hated about pokemon, the fact that its was so darn slow :)

14. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    im interested in hearing more about this, i have a gameboy advance emulator on my ipod touch and i cannot stand the lag it really ticks me off though the version 3.0 is in beta right now so hopefully that will be really good.

So does it lag on psp even when you play the game full screen?

15. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    sorry to bring this back but i had played gold version how was the improved Crystal version over silver/gold? thanks :D

16. plasma.

plasma. herpyderpy

Reputations:
    Wait so discussion about torrents and piracy is forbidden but emulator and ROM talk is allowed?

I finished Red on my iPod Touch.

17. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    yeah but the topic wasnt about roms..........:D

18. plasma.

plasma. herpyderpy

Reputations:
    But the Windows 7 Thread was closed cause people "mentioned" torrents to download Build 7000.

19. goke313

goke313 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    torrent :D
    roms :D
    emulator :D

20. crash

crash NBR Assassin Super Moderator

Reputations:
    No, emulator and ROM talk is generally not allowed, so please don't mention it. Let's not have this get out of hand.

And let's keep it that way.

People did more than just mention torrents in that thread, just not everybody noticed because the mods are too good :D Anyways, that thread was cleaned up a bit and re-opened soon after it was closed. We don't want to stifle discussion on Windows 7.

Very funny :rolleyes: