Plugged in, Not charging?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by SLX61, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLX61

SLX61 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,

I just got my lenovo X61 a couple weeks ago and its been running great. Yesterday I used the laptop all day without having it plugged in. Last night I set it to charge over night and it got back to 100% charged. However, today ive been using it and its at 97% and I have it plugged in. But its not going back to 100%. If I hold the mouse over the battery it says "plugged in, not charging" is this normal? Is there any way I can get it to get back to 100%?

2. klutchrider

klutchrider Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's probably at the automatic threshold, so it won't charge it until it gets to below a certain battery percentage.

3. stallen

stallen Thinkpad Woody

Reputations:
    If you go into your power management settings you will find that you can set how low the battery will go before it will start charging. I think the default is 90 or 95%. That means that it will not start charging until it gets at least that low. If you have other battery related questions (in general/ not thinkpad specific), click on the clean install guide (link in my sig). You will find a link at the bottom of the guide (the last F.A.Q.) to all the info you would possible want to know about laptop battery maintenance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.