Pls recommend a touch-screen notebook with a matte display

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by morhpeus19, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morhpeus19

morhpeus19 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm looking for a windows 8 touch-screen notebook (preferably with around a 14 - 17 inch screen & numeric keypad but with a matte display (most touchscreens have glossy). Budget: $1000 but lower the better.

Thanks

2. raptir

raptir Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unfortunately that isn't possible. Current touchscreen technology (that responds well to input with your finger) only works with a glass cover which means they are all going to be varying degrees of glossy. You really need to decide whether touch screen or matte is more important to you.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    The scarcity of Matte touchscreens is more related to the fact that Corning has cornered (no pun intended or is it?) the market with its Gorilla glass and doesn't make it in a matte finish. Fujitsu makes its own chemically tempered glass and provides a decent matte finish on many of its devices. Check out the Fuji outlet for some decent prices on refurbished hardware. http://stores.ebay.com/fujitsucomputerstore?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 Toshiba is about to release the Z20t, which also has a matte display/touchscreen and a Wacom pen. It's a bit over your price range probably. The bottom line is that decent touchscreens exist in matte finish but they are rare and hard to find. I'm not as familiar with current generation Latitudes, but I would look in the Dell outlet. Good hunting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.